waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since last 4 days, I've been getting "Media Storage" Battery drain. This has never happened before.
I've tried to clear cache and data of Media Storage app but I can't as it's greyed out. Can't even force stop it. I've noticed that if I clear cache and data from "Download Manager" & "Downloads" the problem goes away for a few hours but then comes back again.
I don't have any pending downloads, I've cleared app cache and data of ALL of my apps, rebooted the device, removed any unused residual files, cleared junk with mobile manager but still, the media storage battery drain still appears.
After checking online, this issue was affecting OnePlus & Samsung phones but they were fixed. I also noticed that this issue was affecting a Rog 3 user too.
If anyone can help please let me know. It's very frustrating because battery life is taking a big hit & phone is getting hot.
12 REPLIES 12

lorpagu
Star I
I have uniform app usage and no mention of media storage. But overall battery span sucks, I don't even game or use much and it barely last 1.5days, much like my old 3000mah phones. Some bs going on around the 6000mah figure.

What does your battery capacity show up on apps like accubattery? Mine shows that usable capacity is 3000mah out of 6000mah(detects total capacity). Not even 1 month old phone for me wtf.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
lorpagu

I have uniform app usage and no mention of media storage. But overall battery span sucks, I don't even game or use much and it barely last 1.5days, much like my old 3000mah phones. Some bs going on around the 6000mah figure.

What does your battery capacity show up on apps like accubattery? Mine shows that usable capacity is 3000mah out of 6000mah(detects total capacity). Not even 1 month old phone for me wtf.

View post
Maybe it detects it has 3000mh because it's two batteries ๐Ÿค”
To be fair my media storage battery drain has gotten better. It's almost completely disappeared.
But I do completely agree that for 6000mah, the battery could be much better. I've noticed that with higher refresh rate it gets drained like crazy... This is why I've asked for a 90hz mode but they can't do it

lorpagu
Star I
I should have been specific. The actual figure shows around 3356mah for me which suggests the app is indeed detecting both batteries and evaluating total usable capacity. I even sacrificed 1 month worth of wear by allowing 100% charging for more accurate report. Can anyone else test too for a week or so and report back.