cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 3 - Android 11 ETA

ZT-71508606
Star III
Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN | Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147

Recently bought the phone to enjoy my games, but looks like all the users are awaiting for the Android 11 upgrade for a very long time.
I previously owned Pixel 4, which drags me further down (from 12 to 10), I badly request the admin and moderators to share the official ETA of Android 11 upgrade. With such huge fanbase and great phone hardware in our hands, its really frustrating to stay with old generation of SW.

Waiting for a positive response! 🤞
110 REPLIES 110

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
AVS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176749#Comment_176749

Haha, that's true ... I see ppl saying buy pixel if u want software updates fast.. i want Asus to do it fast too, u think gamers want to buy pixel phones .. rarely but they want raw performance. But * it doesn't mean we don't want software to its new release, sales of rog phone weren't anywhere low as they used to be, there's this much rog phone base. The software part of asus rog phone division is not able to keep up. 2 cases

1) Not enough allocation of resources for software dev( resources include man and machine)(man including all testing, development,bug resolve and all)

2) lethargic Dev's in software division( i don't want to believe this though may be true to some extent)

never say if u want software go for pixel, this is asus rog base , don't advertise them, Dev's will just ignore rog phone dev (just kidding)

Main base is gamers, so ppl will be happy for bug fixes than new software.. I agree to this. but not when the competition is already beta testing another gen android 😂.

* I will read all the opinions *

View post
Adding to the points, we have already become fools by believing and buying this phone which has so many issues in display and lacks basic features like vo wifi etc.
Now again we are becoming fools by expecting they will give and 11 updates.
We only get general answers from mods as coming soon final stage etc but no-one has any proper information about release.
They are not able to give even a roadmap. Noone will sue them or fight with them of the roadmap is not adhered with, but still no roadmap or confirmation about anything.
Feel mods here are only good at telling very soon, visit service center and closing threads.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sudhi.k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176873#Comment_176873

Adding to the points, we have already become fools by believing and buying this phone which has so many issues in display and lacks basic features like vo wifi etc.

Now again we are becoming fools by expecting they will give and 11 updates.

We only get general answers from mods as coming soon final stage etc but no-one has any proper information about release.

They are not able to give even a roadmap. Noone will sue them or fight with them of the roadmap is not adhered with, but still no roadmap or confirmation about anything.

Feel mods here are only good at telling very soon, visit service center and closing threads.

View post
If you're not on the BETA forums, then you won't know what problems are outstanding or how critical they are.
I'm sure people are expecting a stable release of A11 and not a buggy one. But anyway, there will always be one bad apple in the basket.
Waiting doesn't hurt and yes, the forum moderators here won't be as close to the technical details let say the devs. If moderators cannot help, of course they will need to ask you to go to the service centre. Closing threads is what and the whole point moderators where topics go off topic or become abusive/aggressive nature.

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176983#Comment_176983

If you're not on the BETA forums, then you won't know what problems are outstanding or how critical they are.

I'm sure people are expecting a stable release of A11 and not a buggy one. But anyway, there will always be one bad apple in the basket.

Waiting doesn't hurt and yes, the forum moderators here won't be as close to the technical details let say the devs. If moderators cannot help, of course they will need to ask you to go to the service centre. Closing threads is what and the whole point moderators where topics go off topic or become abusive/aggressive nature.

View post
Buddy, first of all get your facts right and don’t speak generally. All the closed threads should have either a solution or abusive content then but that’s not the fact.
Also why should I be the beta forum or beta tester to get the latest update and bug fixes already present.
You can be generous and have patience to wait for months or years to get the update but we others wants updates as quickly as possible like all other companies are providing.
Regarding stable update - hope whenever they release the update it won’t have many issues and will provide fixes to display issues. As even after taking months to provide updates if it has issues I donno what to say.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
well you have to have testing period before rolling out right? The best testers are end-user/consumers thus Betas would always get the new stuff.
testing, complain. No testing and push out update, get new bugs, complain.
sucks to be a programmer huh

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
sudhi.k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176989#Comment_176989

Buddy, first of all get your facts right and don’t speak generally. All the closed threads should have either a solution or abusive content then but that’s not the fact.

Also why should I be the beta forum or beta tester to get the latest update and bug fixes already present.

You can be generous and have patience to wait for months or years to get the update but we others wants updates as quickly as possible like all other companies are providing.

Regarding stable update - hope whenever they release the update it won’t have many issues and will provide fixes to display issues. As even after taking months to provide updates if it has issues I donno what to say.

View post
let me get this straight, you don't want bugs, but you want the beta updates.
Brainac detected.