Android 11 Update For ROG 2.

venkatarahul98
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS updates.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
its been already a year since android 11 release. Now android 12 beta has started.
you people keep saying under evaluation but for how long? till support period is over and then you say 'sorry support ended'?. for how long shoud we wait? All other phones get 2 major OS updates even budget and midrange phones.We paid a premium for ROG 2 and there is no update at all. No volte for major carriers like Vi. No black crush fix nothing. Asus 6z and ROG 2 released same year, Asus 6z got android 11 long back which was a surprise. Then moved on to zenfone 7 and ROG 3. How can you skip Rog 2? it has to be ROG 2 after 6z right? and ROG 2 is even costlier then Asus 6z at the time of launch. If you do like this surely majority of the ASUS customers will move to another brand next time.Thats for sure. Because you guys doing like this even i changed my mind to move to another brand. Tell us whether ROG 2 users will get ANDROID 11 or not.. tell it soon so that we will decide whether to sell the phone and move to another brand.

13 REPLIES 13

akkashsaini
Rising Star I
Well u guys are looking for A11 and mbstill wondering if they fix A10 bugs .. as if now everyone is getting shutdown problem same as me I downgraded several time to A9 A10 but now I'm on A9 and there no shutdown issue in my R2 anymore.. some calling it hardware problem but for me if it was hardware issue why R2 didnt shutdown on A9 hope they will get my msg and take a note

ronald1985
Community Legend I
akkashsaini

Well u guys are looking for A11 and mbstill wondering if they fix A10 bugs .. as if now everyone is getting shutdown problem same as me I downgraded several time to A9 A10 but now I'm on A9 and there no shutdown issue in my R2 anymore.. some calling it hardware problem but for me if it was hardware issue why R2 didnt shutdown on A9 hope they will get my msg and take a note

View post
Shut down issues - go to Service Centre. I don't get the issue on A10, so it's definately not software. Likewise, on Telegram, people have been told to go to Service Centre too.

akkashsaini
Rising Star I
It's out of warranty nd it will cost alot if they asked to chage hw

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
I'm seeing a lot of speculation in this thread (and similar ones) so I'll issue a quick reminder on the subject and close this thread to avoid potential confusion for users finding this discussion.
Please remember that any and all information regarding software updates for our devices that doesn't originate from verified ASUS representatives or channels should not be taken as fact. Always check your sources and take stuff you hear from others with a grain of salt unless verified by us.
Happy friday! 🤗