This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call gets muted.

bjornbrandy
Star II
When talking to someone I hit the on screen mute button with my cheek. It' so annoying and a maior flaw.
The screen should NOT be turning on itself. Have not changed the way I hold phones. with my previouse phone i had no such issues.
Probably it's a proximity sensor issue. That is also related to that the fingerprint sensor gets triggered when in pocket.
When will this be fixed or should I return the phone and pick the Sony 10 Mark III instead?
7 REPLIES 7

jfgt7j8qgx
Rising Star II
bjornbrandy

When talking to someone I hit the on screen mute button with my cheek. It' so annoying and a maior flaw.

The screen should NOT be turning on itself. Have not changed the way I hold phones. with my previouse phone i had no such issues.

Probably it's a proximity sensor issue. That is also related to that the fingerprint sensor gets triggered when in pocket.

When will this be fixed or should I return the phone and pick the Sony 10 Mark III instead?

Call gets muted.
Please return the phone.
As a senior asus user, I saw too many products was released before debugging.
I'm totally supprot you to buy a sony smartphone.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
bjornbrandy

Call gets muted.
You're welcome to record yourself when holding the phone during a phone call to show that the proximity sensor isn't working. With the latest FW I have a hard time to make it not work as intended

martinparker28
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS ,I to have seen a vast improvement in this since the latest firmware,before I muted every call now there is no issue.....baby steps it seems, now just need to address the auto brightness issue!!

martinparker28
Rising Star II
bjornbrandy

Call gets muted.
If you think the Zenfone 8 is buggy then don't get the Sony Xperia 10 111, tried it for 3 days and it is awful, slow, unresponsive, total lock ups, the list is endless, very much a lower to mid range handset,I'd stick to the Asus and hope the software issues are resolved quickly.