Rog 5 List Of Bugs/Issues

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: WW-18.0840.2103.26
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Regularly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android system, Android OS Etc
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So it has been almost 1 month since the last update. Many issues have been reported & hopefully the Devs have kept an eye on the threads from multiple users. Just to summarise the issues which are affecting Rog 5 users:
1. Battery drain either through Android OS, Android System, Mobile Network standby or all 3 simultaneously.
2. Excessive Heat from the device even with normal usage. This can definitely be linked to the battery draining apps mentioned above so perhaps if those apps are fixed so will the heating issue.
3. 5G & Volte not working for many users. This seems to be happening predominantly in the UK. Upon checking XDA forums, it's apparent that Volte does work in India, Asia & on some networks in America. However, volte does not work at all on any network in the UK. Same goes for 5g, haven't seen any luck in the UK myself even by trying different carriers and yes I've been in 5g hotspots. However, users in Indian, Asia and America seem to have 5g running perfectly.
4. Standby battery drain due to Android OS, Android System & Mobile network signal or all 3 simultaneously. This again is linked to the first point stated above.
5. Charging issue. Even with slow charging active, the phone still charge very fast as if hyper charge is on. The battery icon displays the hyper charge symbol so it's definitely a software bug.
6. Screen refresh rate. Although the phone doesn't come with a 90hz option, it would be massively appreciated if this could be added (should be possible). This option of 90hz will no doubt be a boost for battery life aswel as phone temps. Also many users have requested this. It's definitely the sweet spot & perfectly balanced.
7. Call issues. I along with other users have noticed an issue when on a call. Voice goes in and out, person on other end says they can't hear us for a brief period and voice goes in and out. Same when phone is on loudspeaker.
8. Ghost touch. This happens mainly when on Ultra Durable mode or with 60hz active. Self explanatory.
If these issues could be addressed that would be good. If I have missed anything or there's a fix for any of the aforementioned issues, please add your own .
90 REPLIES 90

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
PinkFires

I have at least three bugs that I would love to have squashed:

1) If you use Twin Apps, your gboard settings will get reset eventually (if you have a picture as your gboard background, or if you have any other preferences set, they will all be reset to default. This only does not happen if you're not using Twin Apps, making the usage of this useful feature extremely annoying).

2) Some games (Pokemon Go, Wild Rift, Arknights) will sometimes flash some static. It can be the full screen or just a tiny bar, but it's basically like an old TV with the static rain.

3) Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but my wallpaper becomes darker than the original image, even if I set the phone's theme to light theme.

I can confirm some call issues as well, mostly now it's only a problem when using speaker phone, people can't hear me properly.

View post
PinkFires

I have at least three bugs that I would love to have squashed:

1) If you use Twin Apps, your gboard settings will get reset eventually (if you have a picture as your gboard background, or if you have any other preferences set, they will all be reset to default. This only does not happen if you're not using Twin Apps, making the usage of this useful feature extremely annoying).

2) Some games (Pokemon Go, Wild Rift, Arknights) will sometimes flash some static. It can be the full screen or just a tiny bar, but it's basically like an old TV with the static rain.

3) Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but my wallpaper becomes darker than the original image, even if I set the phone's theme to light theme.

I can confirm some call issues as well, mostly now it's only a problem when using speaker phone, people can't hear me properly.

View post
I am also experiencing that issue bro. The gboard, no matter waht settings you use. Normally I enable '' number in row'' and turn off "auto correction".. After few minutes, the gboard settings will revert back to its default settings. Now I am using a third party app to have a keyboard that does not go back to its default settings.
It is really uncomfortable , since you are using a diffrent layout from what you are used, the gboard.
Please Asus team take a look into this.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ghyzriellgalez06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171458#Comment_171458

I am also experiencing that issue bro. The gboard, no matter waht settings you use. Normally I enable '' number in row'' and turn off "auto correction".. After few minutes, the gboard settings will revert back to its default settings. Now I am 7sing a third party app to have a keyboard that does not go back to its default settings.

Please Asus team take a look into these

View post
We're already on it

Sibi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171334#Comment_171334

Maybe we should hire you instead of our audio engineers who has a long experience in this field 🙂

This DAC is also used in DACs that has nothing to do with Android and you're reading from the spec sheet from ESS. Just because their paper says it's possible, doesn't mean it's possible in our phone. Or that there's any point in doing it. If we were to trick it into outputting 32Bit 384 kHz with a special music player, then you would be super happy even though there's no audible difference. Right? You wouldn't know what we did, but just seeing those nice numbers would give you instant satisfaction.

I'd say it's better to focus on that this is the currently best sounding phone with an integrated 3.5mm audio jack. That's what matters.

1. We're working on this one
  2. I haven't heard about this one. I will send you a PM with log instructions
  3. I will ask you in a PM to send me a screenshot and original wallpaper image

View post
That walpaper getting darker happens to me as well!!!both in light and dark mode..there is dark tint in walpaper on home screen

Sibi
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171516#Comment_171516

We're already on it

View post
Hey @Anders_ASUS I use fb/insta/whatsapp and in all this apps the front cam mode has some sort of beauty mode applied and it makes the photo and video quality worst...like a oil painting...plss look into this

ChillyRide
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171334#Comment_171334

Maybe we should hire you instead of our audio engineers who has a long experience in this field 🙂

This DAC is also used in DACs that has nothing to do with Android and you're reading from the spec sheet from ESS. Just because their paper says it's possible, doesn't mean it's possible in our phone. Or that there's any point in doing it. If we were to trick it into outputting 32Bit 384 kHz with a special music player, then you would be super happy even though there's no audible difference. Right? You wouldn't know what we did, but just seeing those nice numbers would give you instant satisfaction.

I'd say it's better to focus on that this is the currently best sounding phone with an integrated 3.5mm audio jack. That's what matters.

1. We're working on this one
  2. I haven't heard about this one. I will send you a PM with log instructions
  3. I will ask you in a PM to send me a screenshot and original wallpaper image

View post
Did I day smth about audio engineers? I hope u understand difference between engineers and coders, right? repair bitperfect, thats it, all I ask is lil feature. Hearing difference is not ur concern, I dont want to wright a book right here cause mod dont hear difference or someone tell there is no diference. Just repair bitperfect. That it, simple and could be done.
Just for fun question which will tell me a lot about ur knowledge) is there a difference in sound between cables?)