This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped my Zenfone 8 while missing my pocket... Destroyed back gorilla-glass even in default cover

joerund
Star III
Got my phone about 1.5 weeks ago. Today I missed my pocket when putting it in, falling on the back while in the default half cover that came with the phone. This completely shattered the gorilla glass on the back. I wish the phone was either metal or plastic, as many phones I have had have survived far better than this... Anyway, its clearly not very solid when it comes to fall resistance. Now I need to have it repaired, and I wonder if there are any repair shops in Norway that has parts for the phone by now?
img-3634.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

pipsss81
Rising Star I
I think cover design is bad(they had more style in mind than protection). There is very little cover support in upper left corner, where is also weak point because of camera.
I definitely need to find new cover. Until then i will be extra careful. Unlucky drop on that corner is most likely a spider visit.

Chris1
Rising Star II
Rhinoshield (solid something) seems quite good.

joerund
Star III
Chris1

View post
Yeah ill do something like that when i get it back from repaira

dav_regel
Star I
Chris1

View post
I was also looking for a case + screen protector since the default case doesn't offer a lot of protection. The only option I was able to find is Rhinoshield. There are some cases on Amazon but all cases have 0 reviews, same for screen protectors. Do you have any experience with Rhinoshield? They want almost 50€ for a case + screen protector... do you know whether the quality is worth such a price? I never bought a case or screen protector at this price tag...