Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 hasn't gotten any updates since May 2020

zarifryan94
Star II
screenshot-20210527-192905766.png
screenshot-20210527-192921079.png
screenshot-20210527-193824953.png
Edit: I have included hardware version screenshot as well.
So I recently bought the phone it's been 2 weeks. I bought it brand new, and am the first owner. I have included the software version and build number in the screenshots. Can someone tell me why I've never received any updates as the phone came with the May 2020 security patch.. and none after that? Everytime I check for updates it says I'm on the latest version. Yet I see other users with newer security patches from 2021 while mine is stuck at may 1st 2020.
Please help, how can I update my phone?

Also what variant do I have? Is mine the global version, Chinese version, etc?

Thanks.

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

7 REPLIES 7

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@zarifryan94 The fact that you did not receive any FOTA notification makes me suspect your device was flashed by your reseller prior to you buying it. Did you purchase the phone from a trusted/official reseller?
I'll send you a PM with a couple of follow-up questions regarding your unit.

zarifryan94
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@zarifryan94 The fact that you did not receive any FOTA notification makes me suspect your device was flashed by your reseller prior to you buying it. Did you purchase the phone from a trusted/official reseller?

I'll send you a PM with a couple of follow-up questions regarding your unit.

View post
I would've suspected that but I bought it from a trusted source here in Bangladesh and I was the one to take off the plastic sealing from the box.. anyways I messaged you with my seriel number and both of my IMEI numbers. Please get back to me as soon as possible as I'd like to know the reason as well because it's not the tencent edition so it doesn't make sense.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@zarifryan94 I answered you via PM but I might as well give an update here in the thread for others to read.
I was able to verify that you have indeed been sold a unit intended for the Chinese market, that has been rooted and flashed with global firmware. Some resellers will note this in the fine print while others won't. Always make sure that you know what you are buying before committing to a purchase.
I strongly recommend that you contact your reseller about this, as this is not a configuration we are selling and we can't guarantee that it will function properly.