cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 3 - Android 11 ETA

ZT-71508606
Star III
Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN | Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147

Recently bought the phone to enjoy my games, but looks like all the users are awaiting for the Android 11 upgrade for a very long time.
I previously owned Pixel 4, which drags me further down (from 12 to 10), I badly request the admin and moderators to share the official ETA of Android 11 upgrade. With such huge fanbase and great phone hardware in our hands, its really frustrating to stay with old generation of SW.

Waiting for a positive response! 🤞
110 REPLIES 110

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
sudhi.k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48736/asus-rog-3-android-11-eta

Pls don’t expect any ETA first of all from ASUS and even if they release And 11 version it will not contain fixes to exiting issues the phone has and I am confident that new issues will pop out even after beta testing for more than 2 or 3 months. Also please understand this is a special gaming device and hence there would be delays in all updates as per ASUS.

View post
Adding to your statement , bugs will always be their even the minor if not major and second , asus dont use generic drivers and customise the drivers for best possible performance so that was a time consuming process as they have to do proper testing with limited people with thinking of how million different people will use it in million different ways and that drivers have to pass through that testing so it will take time

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
sudhi.k

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48736/asus-rog-3-android-11-eta

Pls don’t expect any ETA first of all from ASUS and even if they release And 11 version it will not contain fixes to exiting issues the phone has and I am confident that new issues will pop out even after beta testing for more than 2 or 3 months. Also please understand this is a special gaming device and hence there would be delays in all updates as per ASUS.

View post
Additionally add 1 more reason for delay. Supporters of ASUS who are not demanding as other company users and keep supporting ASUS for delays and bugs which also adds for delay unfortunately. Also it is not at all acceptable that such a big company cannot give ETA for 1 products 1 major update. Feels like they have taken user for granted and doesn’t want to care about users.

ZT-71508606
Star III
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169046#Comment_169046

Adding to your statement , bugs will always be their even the minor if not major and second , asus dont use generic drivers and customise the drivers for best possible performance so that was a time consuming process as they have to do proper testing with limited people with thinking of how million different people will use it in million different ways and that drivers have to pass through that testing so it will take time

View post
It's not like olden days, where it takes too many months of testing (at least not a whole year). I hope Asus development team will have the framework to do this extensive testing on their 4 gen-devices within 1 or 2 months to check their driver level tweaks and I don't consider team size as an excuse. As sudhi stated above, you can't keep all your customer (potentially who can recommend the device to others) waiting without any tentative timeline (which can deviate 1 or 2 months max).

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
vigneshappar@gmail.com

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169049#Comment_169049

It's not like olden days, where it takes too many months of testing (at least not a whole year). I hope Asus development team will have the framework to do this extensive testing on their 4 gen-devices within 1 or 2 months to check their driver level tweaks and I don't consider team size as an excuse. As sudhi stated above, you can't keep all your customer (potentially who can recommend the device to others) waiting without any tentative timeline (which can deviate 1 or 2 months max).

View post
I am not in favor nor in against of company
But if you want comparing then compare this device with other gaming devices and u can check yourself and you will know that maybe if not first than maybe one of the forst device to get A11 beta globally and is about ro receive global beta and not only limited release in just few countries
And trust me you will regret this A11 hype coz there is nothing huge change to be hyped for as i was in beta before so calm down and dont be so hyped

ZT-71508606
Star III
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169118#Comment_169118

I am not in favor nor in against of company

But if you want comparing then compare this device with other gaming devices and u can check yourself and you will know that maybe if not first than maybe one of the forst device to get A11 beta globally and is about ro receive global beta and not only limited release in just few countries

And trust me you will regret this A11 hype coz there is nothing huge change to be hyped for as i was in beta before so calm down and dont be so hyped

View post
As I mentioned in my original post, I was using Android 12 beta for more than 6 months & A11 for 1+ years. It's not about the A11 is going to bring tons of new feature, but It improves lot of existing features on OS level, which will optimize the performance and battery utilisation to an good extent.