karthikraina404
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 GLOBAL EDITION
Firmware Version: ON Latest version
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I JUST PLAYED 1HR PUBG AND 30MINS OF LISTENING MUSIC, PLEASE CHECKOUT THE BATTERY DRAIN ON SCREENSHOT AND PROVIDE A SOLUTION
screenshot-20210526-110701364-281-29.jpg

84 REPLIES 84

jutleys
Star III
Join the club i have reported this as well huge Network standby drainage it needs attention ASAP.

Kaks
Star III
I have too noticed this issue while playing with earpods battery drains like crazy.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Yep same here. Battery drain seems to be coming from "Android System", "Android OS" & Mobile network standby. These issues were present with Rog 2 but were fixed with a update.
It doesn't make sense that whatever app I use, wether it's call of duty, WhatsApp, Google Chrome, YouTube etc, any app I use for however long, the biggest battery consumption is by those 3 system apps I've mentioned above. There's no doubt that those apps above also contribute to the excessive heat the phone gets. I believe the refresh rate is playing a role in this too, hence why I've asked the Devs to include a 90hz option

jutleys
Star III
Yes I agree it's crazy how network drainage kills the phone.
screenshot-20210527-161338159.jpg