PhysiTech
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone II
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.78
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Very high
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to the information above, please also provide as many details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Guys Please I am not here again to roast someone and I am not a software engineer I am a physicist. My phone was also causing the restart problem very frequently like every time I close some app or scrolling the home screen or plugging the phone for charging. But recently I noticed something strange, whenever i was playing PUBG mobile my phone never had a single restart and that surprised me. I was playing PUBG on extreme performance settings (90fps ultra HD) so I started to play with phone`s settings like I put my phone on X mode-120 fps and after that I got no restart. Again I am not a programming or software expert. I was just messing with settings.
Here i am sharing some screen shots of battery usage which can show how many times i got the restart.

screenshot-20210517-123826524-5b1-5d.jpg
so firstly I charged my phone to 100% and turn on X mode and 120fps setting to see the problem. After the battery discharged 50% i turned of X mode but screen referesh rate was 120fps and I got first restart which is visible in screenshot. Next I reversed the settings, turned On X mode and decresed the referesh rate to normal 60fps. ( the above screenshot had been taken after the 120fps settings turned off, after reboot). till the power decreased to 1% no restarts.
screenshot-20210518-011932823-5b1-5d.jpg
In this pic you can notice one more restart which is again caused by turning off the X mode settings to conform this. since then i am running my phone on X mode continuously and surprisingly it didn`t restart till now even on charging.
Conclusion: so if I guess the restart problem is mainly because of software not the Hardware. again guys i am not an expert but please corss check this with your phone too whoever getting this problem before replacing your power IC.
thank you
ROG Phone has a GOD like hardware with shittty software
22 REPLIES 22

Kanu
Rising Star II
How are you playing on 90fps with ultra hd? 90 fps works only with smooth settings for me.

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
Kanu

How are you playing on 90fps with ultra hd? 90 fps works only with smooth settings for me.

View post
Brother, sorry I didn't clarify that actually I am using mixed setting Ultra HD in Lobby and smooth+90 fps in gmae play. But if you wanna play 90 fps with ultra HD settings you can download an extra file and put it in PUBG data files to enable the in game graphics settings.
Thank you

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
screenshot-20210518-171513654-281-29.jpg
Many charging discharging cycles but no restarts till now. 😁

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.