shivamkishore
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version:17.0823.2102.143
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NO
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
At max volume crackling sound appears at the bottom speaker. I am using the phone for quite some time the issue was not there. Now I am facing the issue for quite some time. Furthermore I have run the SMMI TEST the issue is barely noticeable but in safe mode the issue persist. Regardless of the fact I have no idea whether it's a bug or faulty speaker.
As I am using rog devices, the devices are great whether it's laptop or any other peripherals but these kind of issues that too out of phone make the overall experience bad.

PS: I have attached the audio.

12 REPLIES 12

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
shivamkishore

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
  2. Firmware Version:17.0823.2102.143
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NO

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

At max volume crackling sound appears at the bottom speaker. I am using the phone for quite some time the issue was not there. Now I am facing the issue for quite some time. Furthermore I have run the SMMI TEST the issue is barely noticeable but in safe mode the issue persist. Regardless of the fact I have no idea whether it's a bug or faulty speaker.

As I am using rog devices, the devices are great whether it's laptop or any other peripherals but these kind of issues that too out of phone make the overall experience bad.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/8K3A3OWNZCA8/sound-issue.mp4

PS: I have attached the audio.

Crackling sound at the bottom speaker
I would recommend you to wait for next FOTA and see if you face any changes may be next FOTA will be Android 11 for ROG 3. If you still see same issue after update than please factory data reset after your next FOTA. And you can again revert here back.
Thanks!

shivamkishore
Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48259/crackling-sound-at-the-bottom-speaker

I would recommend you to wait for next FOTA and see if you face any changes may be next FOTA will be Android 11 for ROG 3. If you still see same issue after update than please factory data reset after your next FOTA. And you can again revert here back.

Thanks!

View post
so that means there is nothing wrong with the speakers it's a bug?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
shivamkishore

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167330#Comment_167330

so that means there is nothing wrong with the speakers it's a bug?

View post
M not 100% sure that its a bug but as you mentioned in description that issue is barely noticable with SIMMI test so i am doubtful. But still you can give a try afterall if your device is still in warrenty than please take it to service centre and they will fix it for you in warrenty.
Thanks!

shivamkishore
Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48259/crackling-sound-at-the-bottom-speaker

Thanks!

View post
Any idea about Android 11 update timeline on rog phone 3?