cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 5 Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi Zentalk,
As more and more users get their hands on the brand-new ROG Phone 5, we want to keep the forum section dedicated to technical questions and issues. General discussion threads about the ROG Phone 5 will be removed from now on and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to talk about the ROG Phone 5 with other users. If you encounter a bug or technical issue with your device, please create a separate thread.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful to each other. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 5 | For Those Who Dare | ROG
347 REPLIES 347

Android
Rising Star I
I'm actually curious if the moderators here still read the comments or if they relay any positive and negative feedback to the development team.
The ROG Phone 5 is near perfect especially as an entertainment device but misses the mark when it comes to actual phone functionalities. The device was in my radar as my dream phone because of the 3.5mm headphone jack and front facing stereo speakers but I'm seeing complaints about phone functionality like VoLTE and 5G not working.
It would be great if moderators can communicate with the developers and be transparent with some of the network issues and shortcomings that the ROG Phone 5 has.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Android

I'm actually curious if the moderators here still read the comments or if they relay any positive and negative feedback to the development team.

The ROG Phone 5 is near perfect especially as an entertainment device but misses the mark when it comes to actual phone functionalities. The device was in my radar as my dream phone because of the 3.5mm headphone jack and front facing stereo speakers but I'm seeing complaints about phone functionality like VoLTE and 5G not working.

It would be great if moderators can communicate with the developers and be transparent with some of the network issues and shortcomings that the ROG Phone 5 has.

View post
Thermal throttling, 60c ambient, bugged software causing all sorts of weird behaviour such as massive battery drain on idle, headphone not working as intended etc., no VoLTE, ViLTE, one of the most fragile phones in 2021, very bad camera setup for the pricerange, no wireless charging, to name a few issues. I wouldnt call it near perfect, while it does have some good points, there certainly are a ton of flaws as well. Currently especially durability is a concern of the rog5. Considering that 2g/3g networks are switching of in many areas, not having VoLTE and ViLTE is a rather big problem.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Android

View post
Asus has always been slow to add carrier support worldwide for stuff like volte
Check before buying if your local carrier is supported if not it's just luck if they'll add it in future
Asus launches a ton of different versions I saw like 6 or 7 this year all with different band supports check em out on their site

berglake
Rising Star I
I got a invite to join BETA for Rog Phone 5, Is it Android 12?

berglake
Rising Star I
😀 This is interesting.