This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 home gesture

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
12/512gb elite edition rog 2. I recently became accustomed to the Android 10 gesture system in part to buying a oneplus 7t pro and wanting to take full advantage of the bezeless display. Ive switched from the navigation bar to the gestures on my rog 2 and noticed there isn't any way to go your home page on the desktop without having to swip through all the pages. Swiping up from the very bottom only opens the app drawer. Is there any way or work around to navigate directly to the home page from the desktop?

19 REPLIES 19

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
kyleashcraft86

12/512gb elite edition rog 2. I recently became accustomed to the Android 10 gesture system in part to buying a oneplus 7t pro and wanting to take full advantage of the bezeless display. Ive switched from the navigation bar to the gestures on my rog 2 and noticed there isn't any way to go your home page on the desktop without having to swip through all the pages. Swiping up from the very bottom only opens the app drawer. Is there any way or work around to navigate directly to the home page from the desktop?

Android 10 home gesture
Hi Bro, the gesture mode on ROG2 is the same as iPhone. So if you want to navigate from apps to home screen you have to swipe up with long drag, if you swipe up with short drage it will take you to the background apps drawer. Or another thing if you are on the background apps drawer screen then just click in the blank space it will directly take you to the home screen. It also depends on swiping speed fast swipe up leads to home screen, slow swipe up app drawer. Here I am attaching a video file it might be helpful.
Thank you

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
kyleashcraft86

Android 10 home gesture
Hi Bro, the gesture mode on ROG2 is the same as iPhone. So if you want to navigate from apps to home screen you have to swipe up with long drag, if you swipe up with short drage it will take you to the background apps drawer. Another thing if you are on the background apps drawer screen then just click in the blank space it will directly take you to the home screen. It also depends on the swiping speed, fast swipe up leads to home screen while slow swipe up leads to app drawer. Here I am attaching a video it might be helpful.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
PhysiTech

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47627/android-10-home-gesture

Hi Bro, the gesture mode on ROG2 is the same as iPhone. So if you want to navigate from apps to home screen you have to swipe up with long drag, if you swipe up with short drage it will take you to the background apps drawer. Another thing if you are on the background apps drawer screen then just click in the blank space it will directly take you to the home screen. It also depends on the swiping speed, fast swipe up leads to home screen while slow swipe up leads to app drawer. Here I am attaching a video it might be helpful.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/LPLRHLQ8K74I/inshot-20210501-115332010.mp4

View post
I think you misunderstood. I have about 5 pages of apps and widgets on my "home screen" (desktop) say I'm at the 5th page and I want to go to my 1st page (the one next to Google discover) I have to continuously swip through the other 4 pages to get there. With the navigation bar I just pressed the "home" button and it took me to my main page. That's what I'm asking to do only with the gesture navigate

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
kyleashcraft86

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/164900#Comment_164900

I think you misunderstood. I have about 5 pages of apps and widgets on my "home screen" (desktop) say I'm at the 5th page and I want to go to my 1st page (the one next to Google discover) I have to continuously swip through the other 4 pages to get there. With the navigation bar I just pressed the "home" button and it took me to my main page. That's what I'm asking to do only with the gesture navigate

View post
No matter on which page of home screen you are, just swipe up fast, it will directly take you to the first page of home screen.
If it is not the case then maybe other people will help you on this. who are getting your question correctly.
Thank you