jerquait
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

21 REPLIES 21

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
As I have already debunked, the hardware is fine, it's just being handled very badly.
Which can be speficially looked at here:
mrxsin

Been on this kernel about 4h. Then revert back to stock for comparison. All I can say is, this kernel and its fixes really works. The "black crush" totally gone. Here some proof photo.

Brightness is set to 40. Lower than 40 tend to make camera unable to focus properly. If u see purple light in the picture, its come from OG Pixel laser focus . Due to my acc forum level, I can't post link yet, so here a couple of picture for comparison.

Normal lighting room

Before(Stock)

mvimg-20210326-220738.jpg

After (This custom kernel)

mvimg-20210326-221736.jpg

In dark room

Before(Stock)

img-20210326-213553.jpg

After (This custom kernel)

mvimg-20210326-222737.jpg

Stock:

mvimg-20210326-214726.jpg

Custom Kernel

mvimg-20210326-222130.jpg

View post
On the last page you can see how Gustav did forward it to the devs, hence I expect there is a fix in the works. Probably proivded with the final A11 release.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
here is his last post on the topic:
Danishblunt

So as of today the 21.03.2021 color banding has been defeated. Now at the beginning I was under the impression that the crappy color banding was caused by pixelworks and guess what?

It wasn't.

Infact the reason this happened was actually because of ASUS not wanting to implement any type of gamma correction at all, while other manufacturers like nubia and oneplus have infact added gamma correction in their kernels. So today I simply stole some code from Oneplus 8 kernel like the naughty naughty boy I am and magic has happened. So what are the results of this?

https://i.imgur.com/wL3zpMR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Pbx8qvI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dg2BBO0.jpg

Now as you can see the difference is absolutely insane. Blacks have returned, no pixelation and the screen looks absolutely georgous! Honestly this screen after calibration seems absolutely amazing, ASUS was not lying when they said that these panels are actually high quality. Granted the quality of the screen cannot be seen in those pictures very well as smartphone cameras have great difficulty catching stuff in the dark with huge amount of details. I took a closer shot as well to show that even the black crush is quite in check as well:

https://i.imgur.com/fVy9I8g.jpg

How exacly an absolutely new guy like me who has extremely little experience with kernel development could fix an issue i looked at in weeks while the experienced asus team didn't get the solution until this date is beyond me right now. I hope that the devs will fix it very soon now that they know they can simply nab code from nubia or oneplus and some modifications, today my SSD died with my ubuntu and kernel sourcecode on it, so only thing I have left is a flashable zip file that would most likely crash on 75% of rog3 devices due to extreme amount of undervolt, i will still share to those who want to try, but successrate won't be high :'D

At this point I want to thank Freak07 for introducing and helping me to get into kernel development much faster than I would have taken by myself.

Colorbanding defeated
So stop spreading nonsense about it being a cheap panel.

jerquait
Star III
Asus is cheat company wasted my 50k on rog 3 ..four times I got screen replacement for dead pixels and black crush.but still there is heavy black crush. Service centre guy while changing the display entered dust in all four camera lenses. Asus should refund my money or exchange my phone with new one. Iam using screen balance app to fix black crush but colours get washed out and blacks become dark grey. Plz if anyone has solution for black crush then help me.And a tip for new users never buy Asus phone in future.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
jerquait

Asus is cheat company wasted my 50k on rog 3 ..four times I got screen replacement for dead pixels and black crush.but still there is heavy black crush. Service centre guy while changing the display entered dust in all four camera lenses. Asus should refund my money or exchange my phone with new one. Iam using screen balance app to fix black crush but colours get washed out and blacks become dark grey. Plz if anyone has solution for black crush then help me.And a tip for new users never buy Asus phone in future.

View post
You're quite persistant aren't you?
Also the phone has 3 cameras not 4, so not sure what you mean with dust on 4 lenses.