This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 FAQ video by Geekyranjit (Indian YouTuber)

Sunaina
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
https://youtu.be/Gq2i6tUzA1U
This is an English review and mainly directed towards those interested in the phone in India

This reviewer one of the best unbiased ones in India right now

40 REPLIES 40

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

So much inaccurate fanboyism hurts my brain.

Lets just dissassemble the crap you posted together and showcase why its dumb to begin with.

1.) I was specifically talking about their presentation on both the rog3 and rog5, they obviously still market it afterwards but if you compare both the rog3 and rog5 you will see that the rog3 has considerably less "look at this" kind of marketing due to the things I mentioned above.

2.) Just because you had a crappy nexus that survived doesnt make it less of a fragile device. The same as bendgate deniers cannot make the Iphone 6 and Iphone 7 less of a disastrous device either. To give you an example on how dumb your argument is it's like saying because 1 guy who doesnt have a problem that means everyone doesnt have the same problem. And the legion is even more fragile and I wouldnt ever consider buying it for exaclyt that reason as well. The Ipad isnt important because it can bend without damaging the PCB, the problem wiht the Iphone and probably also the rog5 is that their bending will happen on the PCB as well which will break solderjoints causing stupid issues that shouldnt happen in the first place, not only that but the 7t has serioues problems where the back glass keeps breaking due to its "flexing" nature. https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-7-glass-back-breaks-on-its-own.1100871/

Here you can see that its always the same place where it cracks.

3.) Sad but true facts, this is why companies sell substandard quality because there are sheep that still buy it because of "uhhhh shiny" design and misleading reviewers and topic creators such as yourself who make people believe they actually buy quality.

4.) Wifi6e is a moot point because of 2 practical problems:

Due to the high frequency of the wifi 6e band the connection speed itself is super fast but also super unstable if you're not very close to the router itself, it introduces packet loss and other annoying things. This makes it quite annoying to use in the first place because you preferbly want to sit away from your router, not only that but most people don't have actual bandwitdh to even care about the potential benefits anyways. If you really care about having the best esports performance you'd have a long cable connected to a hub and you'd be using ethernet. It's much like the 5G internet marketing where they promise up to 1000/1000mbit connection speed while in reality you'd have to be exacly in front of a radio tower without any obstructions in order to get that, which is basicially not practical at all unless you want to specifically build a house next to a tower and play with an open window.

5.) While again, they are small things which some might consider valuable, the loss of good camera, support and screen, wireless charging and no IP rating is just to much to give up for those small things.

6.) Just getting an app for FPS meter solves the problem to begin with. It's not an argument, also as for quality of life, considering how the dev community on the OP is vastly larger than rog5, you also get much better EOL support as well.

7.) As for your battery life claim:

https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_9-review-2240p3.php

13:10hours of web browsing and 15:19h video playback, that again far exceeds your claim of 5-6hours. While the battery in the rog5 certainly is better and longer lasting, I find the efficiency lacking. WHen compared to the red magic 6, the Rog5 has similair battery life despite having a 1000mah more than the rm6.

Overall you keep bringing up the same points mixed in with some made up things like battery life which leads me to believe that you simply are trying to justify your purchase. As far as I'm concerned I wopuldnt buy any of these phones but if i had to choose between those two it would be the OP9 due to all mentioned above, the OP9 is simply a sweeter deal than the "gaming" phone that cannot do gaming without throttling.

View post
Ummm on part 4 you said something about wifi 6e not being very reliable
I'm planning to get an optical fiber "super fiber" "super fast" broadband plan where the optical fiber cable will connect directly to my "latest technology" router
The small box that these special cables will be installed,is just 2 meters near my house
According to my providers claims,I will have a guaranteed 100mbps and since it's optical fiber,if I choose the 200mbps plan,I will have around 180mbps all the time,since I'll be using just my rog 3 and rarely my old af laptop
What do you think? Will it be wifi6e? And what if I choose a router that ends with "ad" at its name?
According to an official europe site,it promises up to 600mbps of a connection
(Also note that all "quotations" have been a marketing gimmick by my provider,but it's better than nothing)

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162596#Comment_162596

Ummm on part 4 you said something about wifi 6e not being very reliable

I'm planning to get an optical fiber "super fiber" "super fast" broadband plan where the optical fiber cable will connect directly to my "latest technology" router

The small box that these special cables will be installed,is just 2 meters near my house

According to my providers claims,I will have a guaranteed 100mbps and since it's optical fiber,if I choose the 200mbps plan,I will have around 180mbps all the time,since I'll be using just my rog 3 and rarely my old af laptop

What do you think? Will it be wifi6e? And what if I choose a router that ends with "ad" at its name?

According to an official europe site,it promises up to 600mbps of a connection

(Also note that all "quotations" have been a marketing gimmick by my provider,but it's better than nothing)

View post
With a 200mbit connection you're not even anywhere near saturating a wifi 5 connection let alone wifi 6.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Btw @Danishblunt
https://youtu.be/zUXKzaOVb6Q
Check out this video, thehe OnePlus 9 is throttling af (expect same from 9pro it already has a lot of thermal and throttle complains
img-20210415-144915-887.jpg
OnePlus9pro cod graph data 😂
And the fans seem to be helping a lot on 888 phones
https://youtu.be/vlJBnJFf7gY

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

Btw @Danishblunt

https://youtu.be/zUXKzaOVb6Q

Check out this video, thehe OnePlus 9 is throttling af (expect same from 9pro it already has a lot of thermal and throttle complains

img-20210415-144915-887.jpg

OnePlus9pro cod graph data 😂

And the fans seem to be helping a lot on 888 phones

https://youtu.be/vlJBnJFf7gY

View post
I am aware of the OP9 throttling, samsung phones throttle even with older SD chipsets it's still not an argument because those phones arent being marketed as gaming phones. It's not their purpose. This makes the rog5 throttling even more pathethic.
Yes it does better on the surface temps, but the rog5 still throttles under gaming which can be seen on the RM6 vs Rog5 comparison. I already showcased that the youtuber you keep clinging too is quite bad at doing proper tests but let me explain why his antutu tests are dumb.
Antutu benchmark is a pretty bad benchmark because it works much like 3dmark on PC. Both benchmarks have the same idea by testing components seperatively which is a problem, while on PC it's an ok concept to eliminate bottleneck from the CPU, on phones it's dumb because CPU's and GPU's are always the same within the SoC's, this causes the large problem that it doesnt emulate what games do, use both CPU and GPU at the same time which in turn will cause higher power draw and thermals.
This is why i keep pointing towards useful testing like the guy who takes the rm6 and rog5 while using the rog5 fan and shows at face value whats happening with both phones, aka rog5 throttling, since that test is relevant and valid. I don't care for misleading tests that inexperenced "reviewers" do that showcase nothing but that it runs a single application which cannot be applied to other applications.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/162907#Comment_162907

I am aware of the OP9 throttling, samsung phones throttle even with older SD chipsets it's still not an argument because those phones arent being marketed as gaming phones. It's not their purpose. This makes the rog5 throttling even more pathethic.

Yes it does better on the surface temps, but the rog5 still throttles under gaming which can be seen on the RM6 vs Rog5 comparison. I already showcased that the youtuber you keep clinging too is quite bad at doing proper tests but let me explain why his antutu tests are dumb.

Antutu benchmark is a pretty bad benchmark because it works much like 3dmark on PC. Both benchmarks have the same idea by testing components seperatively which is a problem, while on PC it's an ok concept to eliminate bottleneck from the CPU, on phones it's dumb because CPU's and GPU's are always the same within the SoC's, this causes the large problem that it doesnt emulate what games do, use both CPU and GPU at the same time which in turn will cause higher power draw and thermals.

This is why i keep pointing towards useful testing like the guy who takes the rm6 and rog5 while using the rog5 fan and shows at face value whats happening with both phones, aka rog5 throttling, since that test is relevant and valid. I don't care for misleading tests that inexperenced "reviewers" do that showcase nothing but that it runs a single application which cannot be applied to other applications.

View post
Hm I dunno really I mean other gaming phones might be a bit better but 41 degrees temp after playing genshin for 1hr on 60 fps + very high looks pretty good to me
He ran various benchmarks 100+ chrome tabs and etc should be enough
Cod too runs at constant 60fps compared to 51-52 on 9pro
Isn't a gaming phone just supposed to run a little cooler and maintain peak performance for longer it just seems to be doing that
OnePlus is not a gaming phone yes but it has the same chip and their now every OEM has some sort of "cooling" in place
Gaming phones are now normal phones with extra stuff like jack,bigger battery and stuff
Yes camera is mostly mid though,imx 686 is still a pretty capable sensor though
Aero active cooler may not be the best cooler but it's doing it job though
Even if let's say a phone like red magic or legion does a little better would you take it over rog at the same price? Saying overall
Ik you know more technical stuff but so far reviews and people who have got the phone are saying positive stuff about the phone