This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A interesting in depth comparison video of Rog 5,Black Shark 4 pro and Red Magic 6 in Genshin Impact

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
https://youtu.be/-LD4Rki8yg4
I recommend watching the video first but if you're just here for the final results I'll just post them here:
Genshin impact was the game played In this test, every graphic settings maxed out + 60fps,X mode on and max brightness
Duration- 30 minutes (for longer too the results will be more or less similar)
Remember that this is an very taxing game which stresses all the devices over longer durations, heating is normal in this game
(All 3 phones have Snapdragon 888)
screenshot-20210411-113551099.jpg
screenshot-20210411-113607719.jpg
screenshot-20210411-113622617.jpg
screenshot-20210411-113635245.jpg
A few quick things you can deduce from this is that:
1.Compared to the other 2 rog front is indeed running a bit hotter and adding the cooler doesn't seem to help it in any way
2. Back temps are a bit surprising as you all know Asus mentioned that they are using a centred cpu this year and that this will help keep the heat at middle of the phone where you generally don't touch while holding the frame
° the back top and bottom of the rog 5 are the coolest out of the 3 (that's where we hold the phone mostly) and middle too is not that hot and when you use aero active cooler which is designed to directly cool the cpu this year you'll notice some surprising results the resulsy with aero active cooler on back is pretty good (just 29 degrees and by far the cooolest out of the 3)
Now one interesting part of the video is the fps graph 😄
screenshot-20210411-123440591.jpg
As you can see Rog 5 has the highest and most stable frame rate with lowest recorded being 42 during gameplay
Red magic 6 drops to upto 26 minimum fps 😬
As an extra addition you can further fine tune your rog gameplay experience in armory crate by tinkering with stuff 🙂
Now coming to the battery part
img-20210411-124206-879.jpg
Anyways with the massive 6000 mah battery 65W charging and bypass charging you won't have to worry much about this aspect of the phone

11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
but as already mentioned, once the post is out, it will easily debunk the video and explain why his testing methology is wrong and misleading at best, also that his FPS numbers are something he pulled out of his bum to begin with as all other sources are consistent with rog5 being the worst by a longshot.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
The guy should of tested one device at a time end to end and not swapping devices in between.
Swapping device in between already allows your device to cool down. That's what's my simple mind is saying 😁
//EDIT: Not to mention, he didn't even start at the same temperature for each phone when playing.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ronald1985

The guy should of tested one device at a time end to end and not swapping devices in between.

Swapping device in between already allows your device to cool down. That's what's my simple mind is saying 😁

//EDIT: Not to mention, he didn't even start at the same temperature for each phone when playing.

View post
He also pulls out FPS numbers out his bum instead of running perfdog to graph it which would instantly destroy his made up FPS numbers.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

https://youtu.be/-LD4Rki8yg4

I recommend watching the video first but if you're just here for the final results I'll just post them here:

Genshin impact was the game played In this test, every graphic settings maxed out + 60fps,X mode on and max brightness

Duration- 30 minutes (for longer too the results will be more or less similar)

Remember that this is an very taxing game which stresses all the devices over longer durations, heating is normal in this game

(All 3 phones have Snapdragon 888)

screenshot-20210411-113551099.jpg

screenshot-20210411-113607719.jpg

screenshot-20210411-113622617.jpg

screenshot-20210411-113635245.jpg

A few quick things you can deduce from this is that:

1.Compared to the other 2 rog front is indeed running a bit hotter and adding the cooler doesn't seem to help it in any way

2. Back temps are a bit surprising as you all know Asus mentioned that they are using a centred cpu this year and that this will help keep the heat at middle of the phone where you generally don't touch while holding the frame

° the back top and bottom of the rog 5 are the coolest out of the 3 (that's where we hold the phone mostly) and middle too is not that hot and when you use aero active cooler which is designed to directly cool the cpu this year you'll notice some surprising results the resulsy with aero active cooler on back is pretty good (just 29 degrees and by far the cooolest out of the 3)

Now one interesting part of the video is the fps graph 😄

screenshot-20210411-123440591.jpg

As you can see Rog 5 has the highest and most stable frame rate with lowest recorded being 42 during gameplay

Red magic 6 drops to upto 26 minimum fps 😬

As an extra addition you can further fine tune your rog gameplay experience in armory crate by tinkering with stuff 🙂

Now coming to the battery part

img-20210411-124206-879.jpg

Anyways with the massive 6000 mah battery 65W charging and bypass charging you won't have to worry much about this aspect of the phone

A interesting in depth comparison video of Rog 5,Black Shark 4 pro and Red Magic 6 in Genshin Impact
Do me a favor and never write anything every again. All you do is spreading lies nonstop and causing users to make bad decisions. So lets explain his "findings" and explain why the FPS part doesn't make a lick of sense and how to easily debunk the fact that the guy just shoved some eyeballed abritary numbers in.
1.) Not a surprise as the back vapor chamber is only being cooled a little from the fan.
2.) Not surprising at all, if you shove cooling at a centered spot then obviously only the centered spot gets cooled properly especially if your vapor chamber is just a tiny thing in the middle on the back. Not only that but using an infared thermal sensor on reflective surface only gives you a rough estimate.
3.) The FPS graph is worthless because it doesnt give you any clue about stability or where he even got the FPS from. It's clear he didn't use perfdog and many reviews if not all reviews suggest otherwise, here is some actual proper data on FPS Rog5 vs others. Also min FPS doesn't mean anything in this game as there are numerous stutters thanks to caching shaders, opening inventory etc. What matters is frametime and stability of frames:

Here we can see live that the red magic 6 is far more capable than the Rog5, we have perfdog showing us live statistics and graphing it out. To demsonstrate this even further:

The black shark does also better than the rog5 which can be seen on the graph albeit not as good as the red magic.

Battery part isnt surprising as it has the largest battery. However what is surprising is the fact that it drains so much compared to the red magic 6. Overall the red magic 6 just flatout wins over the rog5 in terms of performance and effieicncy quite easily. You trying to sweettalk the rog5 and ignoring it's problems is pissing me off more than anything.
Stop spreading lies, I will always call you out no matter how hard you try.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
screenshot-20210412-130827318-281-29.jpg
screenshot-20210412-131011728-281-29.jpg
Maybe he'll test all 3 phones with new tool again