This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A interesting in depth comparison video of Rog 5,Black Shark 4 pro and Red Magic 6 in Genshin Impact

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
https://youtu.be/-LD4Rki8yg4
I recommend watching the video first but if you're just here for the final results I'll just post them here:
Genshin impact was the game played In this test, every graphic settings maxed out + 60fps,X mode on and max brightness
Duration- 30 minutes (for longer too the results will be more or less similar)
Remember that this is an very taxing game which stresses all the devices over longer durations, heating is normal in this game
(All 3 phones have Snapdragon 888)
screenshot-20210411-113551099.jpg
screenshot-20210411-113607719.jpg
screenshot-20210411-113622617.jpg
screenshot-20210411-113635245.jpg
A few quick things you can deduce from this is that:
1.Compared to the other 2 rog front is indeed running a bit hotter and adding the cooler doesn't seem to help it in any way
2. Back temps are a bit surprising as you all know Asus mentioned that they are using a centred cpu this year and that this will help keep the heat at middle of the phone where you generally don't touch while holding the frame
° the back top and bottom of the rog 5 are the coolest out of the 3 (that's where we hold the phone mostly) and middle too is not that hot and when you use aero active cooler which is designed to directly cool the cpu this year you'll notice some surprising results the resulsy with aero active cooler on back is pretty good (just 29 degrees and by far the cooolest out of the 3)
Now one interesting part of the video is the fps graph 😄
screenshot-20210411-123440591.jpg
As you can see Rog 5 has the highest and most stable frame rate with lowest recorded being 42 during gameplay
Red magic 6 drops to upto 26 minimum fps 😬
As an extra addition you can further fine tune your rog gameplay experience in armory crate by tinkering with stuff 🙂
Now coming to the battery part
img-20210411-124206-879.jpg
Anyways with the massive 6000 mah battery 65W charging and bypass charging you won't have to worry much about this aspect of the phone

11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Hopefully my comment will be enabled by the mods soon to showcase why this video is absolutely worthless and how easily debunkable it is in the first place. Those FPS graph are pulled out of the video makers bum and I obviously posted some hard proof of how the rog5 is infact the worst performing gaming phone thus far, obiovulsy with graphing and everything. will see if the mods allow facts to destroy this biased topic 😉

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

Hopefully my comment will be enabled by the mods soon to showcase why this video is absolutely worthless and how easily debunkable it is in the first place. Those FPS graph are pulled out of the video makers bum and I obviously posted some hard proof of how the rog5 is infact the worst performing gaming phone thus far, obiovulsy with graphing and everything. will see if the mods allow facts to destroy this biased topic 😉

View post
I don't know pal I only posted what I saw
This YouTube channel for instance has posted a lot of comparison videos between Rog 5,black shark 4pro,red magic 6 and he'll probably get the legion 2 for comparisons too (and he does all the thermals tests live plus fps meter and real time info are always enabled for you to see) and he's pretty fast replying to comments on his channel
Yes thermals are not the best on the rog but for an 888 seems good enough
I don't think performance might be an issue with most who just want to enjoy a phone and not gather data and stuff simultaneous fps over time graph and stuff

Aryan202
Community Legend I
And from what I know Asus uses a spambot for this website
Sometimes your post gets "held back" while posting due to probably using a blackslisted word with message being displayed as "the message will be posted after Authorization"
Sometimes it get posted after a while sometimes not so I dunno what will be the case in your instance

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aryan202

And from what I know Asus uses a spambot for this website

Sometimes your post gets "held back" while posting due to probably using a blackslisted word with message being displayed as "the message will be posted after Authorization"

Sometimes it get posted after a while sometimes not so I dunno what will be the case in your instance

View post
Pretty sure it may be the links. Having 2 many links to sources in 1 post seem to trigger it as well.