Did you mean: 

Request for Asus ROG phone 5, files and tools

mmgxmm
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version: WW_18.0830.2101.81
Rooted or not: No, not yet
I have the ROG phone 5, tencent edition, i recieved it with global firmware, i tried to use the bootloader unlock app, but the phone reboots into its previous state with out formatting.

I'm requesting to have all necessary tools and files so i can get the phone to function properly
RAW files, ROM files tools to flash them, and proper bootloader unlock method

appreciate your support
37 REPLIES 37

mmgxmm
Star II
to All fan boys out there,

yes i am the people, you are not.
yes i have paid for an authentic asus device, no it is not shaddy
yes i do understand that the device is meant for chinese market, no i dont think i got scamed
yes i see asus is responsible for this fiasco, no the responsibility is not on me
yes i am far superior in understanding my rights, no you are not supposed talk down to me.
yes i will be posting to this forum , no i dont think it is going to be helpfull, seeing the type of people here.

yes i do believe that some people (such as your esteemed selves), are a** kissing in hope for free stuff, no i am lucky to understand that nothing is free in life, and i do have dignity to preserve my self from falling into such low levels

and finally, yes asus is still responsible if such devices are shaddy as you claim, then they are responsible for that.

now mod if any close the thread, because it is spiraling out of control.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
saad8860

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161354#Comment_161354

@Danishblunt  The fact that you keep acting like you are the best ASUS EMPLOYEE ever is really funny( incase it is not obvious you are just a member so act like it).

The fact that this here is supposed to be a community to discuss and troubleshoot any technical difficulty by mods and users is funny with somebody like yourself.

The fact that you continue to respond with warranty excuse is just funny.

The fact that we are requesting unlock tools and firmwares (tools that void warranty , duh, hence warranty excuse is funny).

The fact that the user has already lost his money and got a device with no warranty and seeking help from the community with people like you is funny.

I had hoped that We would find a good supporting community with Asus (first experience with ASUS), but to the contrary this community has shown the lack of technical knowledge to advice the users seeking help from them.

P.S from experience Ulefone has better Knowledgeable people who can design a phone and set documentation, firmware and tools for users to handle their devices what ever way they please. and they use Google drive (come on). For this I blame ASUS.

More P.S I am not sure how good or how big is Ulefone but that is what I have experienced.

😞

View post
So much crying from ignorant users. First you tell me I'm an employee, then you tell me I'm just a regular member, gigabrain confirmed.
The fact that you're quite incoherent and refuse to apply basic logic is hilarious if anything. All i see are silly users who got scammed and whine on the forums now because they did get scammed and want freebies.
The only one who has showcased a lack of knowledge is quite clearly you. No matter how you look at it, you do nothing but cry us a river. Also sell your Rog5 and go back to your "Ulefone" then.
As for your information crying, I am quite sure I know more about the devices than you do. Also no, he is not looking to void warranty, he is looking for unlocking his bootloader again because warranty was voided by the seller already and his unlock was wasted by the seller before he could even do it himself.
The amount of crying and incoherent blah blah lets me assume you're either very young or you might suffer from some kind of mental illness, whatever the case may be, please refrain from clowning on the forums, thanks.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
mmgxmm

to All fan boys out there,

yes i am the people, you are not.

yes i have paid for an authentic asus device, no it is not shaddy

yes i do understand that the device is meant for chinese market, no i dont think i got scamed

yes i see asus is responsible for this fiasco, no the responsibility is not on me

yes i am far superior in understanding my rights, no you are not supposed talk down to me.

yes i will be posting to this forum , no i dont think it is going to be helpfull, seeing the type of people here.

yes i do believe that some people (such as your esteemed selves), are a** kissing in hope for free stuff, no i am lucky to understand that nothing is free in life, and i do have dignity to preserve my self from falling into such low levels

and finally, yes asus is still responsible if such devices are shaddy as you claim, then they are responsible for that.

now mod if any close the thread, because it is spiraling out of control.

View post
Oh so mr. clown has special priviledge over others? I see so your money means more than out money now?
You have paid for a modded ASUS device that lost its warranty and free unlock, not only that but you overpaid as well getting scammed because you're quite dumb to begin with.
Correct, the phone was meant for chinese market hence having a chinese rom from factory not GLOBAL, hence yes, your dumb ass got scammed as you lost warranty and your free unlock from ASUS.
You're the one responsible for this as you were stupid enough to purchase a tampered device.
You don't understand anything, it seems whereever you live you have no rights considering how the seller was able to not only scam you but it also seems you cannot do a single thing about it hence now you resort to crying on the forums about free service from ASUS.
Literally making threads about how awful the throttlephone 5 is and showing a clear distaste in how poorly the rog 5 has been handled and designed sure is a great way of kissing ASUS's a** and will sure make ASUS send me free stuff. (btw if you cannot see that i'm being sarcastic then for the love of god get help)
Nope, they aren't they cannot help it you're not smart enough to read.
Justins

hello, i want to buy ROG phone 5 from my local online marketplace, there's seller who sell at quite attractive price there and he says its tencent edition with international / global ROM. Any thought on this from mods ? @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS should i take precaution as ROG phone 3/2 or is this safe on ROG Phone 5 ? thanks. (The sellers said FOTA is safe this time with rog phone 5)

ROG Phone 5 Tencent Edition with Global/International ROM
Gustav_ASUS

Hi Zentalk!

We are seeing reports that some users have been sold Tencent-branded devices intended for the Chinese market, that have been flashed with global ROM by the reseller.

Again, we would like to make it clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with so called "international ROM" or "global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination. If you are facing any type of issue with your device - please contact your reseller who sold you the device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and device model does not match. Some resellers note this in the fine print, others do not.

For more information regarding this subject, please refer to this thread:

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10259/psa-take-caution-tencent-branded-chinese-models-with-gl...

[PSA] Tencent-branded ROG Phone 3 with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS

Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:

If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"
It's not like it's a well known thing since the Rog2 or anything.... Oh wait, it is. Not only is it plastered throughout the zentalk forums but it's a known topic in XDA as well, but somehow your silly brain cannot seem to get information through that thick skull of yours.

saad8860
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161423#Comment_161423

So much crying from ignorant users. First you tell me I'm an employee, then you tell me I'm just a regular member, gigabrain confirmed.

The fact that you're quite incoherent and refuse to apply basic logic is hilarious if anything. All i see are silly users who got scammed and whine on the forums now because they did get scammed and want freebies.

The only one who has showcased a lack of knowledge is quite clearly you. No matter how you look at it, you do nothing but cry us a river. Also sell your Rog5 and go back to your "Ulefone" then.

As for your information crying, I am quite sure I know more about the devices than you do. Also no, he is not looking to void warranty, he is looking for unlocking his bootloader again because warranty was voided by the seller already and his unlock was wasted by the seller before he could even do it himself.

The amount of crying and incoherent blah blah lets me assume you're either very young or you might suffer from some kind of mental illness, whatever the case may be, please refrain from clowning on the forums, thanks.

View post
@Danishblunt 😭😭😭

mmgxmm
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161474#Comment_161474

Oh so mr. clown has special priviledge over others? I see so your money means more than out money now?

You have paid for a modded ASUS device that lost its warranty and free unlock, not only that but you overpaid as well getting scammed because you're quite dumb to begin with.

Correct, the phone was meant for chinese market hence having a chinese rom from factory not GLOBAL, hence yes, your dumb ass got scammed as you lost warranty and your free unlock from ASUS.

You're the one responsible for this as you were stupid enough to purchase a tampered device.

You don't understand anything, it seems whereever you live you have no rights considering how the seller was able to not only scam you but it also seems you cannot do a single thing about it hence now you resort to crying on the forums about free service from ASUS.

Literally making threads about how awful the throttlephone 5 is and showing a clear distaste in how poorly the rog 5 has been handled and designed sure is a great way of kissing ASUS's a** and will sure make ASUS send me free stuff. (btw if you cannot see that i'm being sarcastic then for the love of god get help)

Nope, they aren't they cannot help it you're not smart enough to read.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46440/rog-phone-5-tencent-edition-with-global-international-r...

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44774/psa-tencent-branded-rog-phone-3-with-global-internation...

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/10259/psa-take-caution-tencent-branded-chinese-models-with-gl...

It's not like it's a well known thing since the Rog2 or anything.... Oh wait, it is. Not only is it plastered throughout the zentalk forums but it's a known topic in XDA as well, but somehow your silly brain cannot seem to get information through that thick skull of yours.

View post
👏👏 someone give this guy some reward.

i will stop wasting my precious time quarreling with some dim wit, who thinks a corporation has control over an item he paid for.
also the fact the you mentioned it" free unlock", that means it was meant to be used once most likely for conversion and not as a user right to the device.
and if its about money a paid unlock, just say so. ask for it directly. do not sell software to third party to charge x amount of money giving them the ability to unlock for certain price.

get a brain. get some self respect. and finally who appointed you lawyer and defender of the company.

mods god damn it, you do not want to help, lock the damn thread