xbms
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZENFONE 5Z ZS621KL
Firmware Version:WW-100.10.107.99
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
HI... Iam using zenfone 5z ZS621KL [Indian version ] for almost two years. It was running fine until the latest update  WW-100.10.107.99. Whenever I call someone if I have used the proximity sensor for once and then turn of the display by DOUBLE TAPPING during the call, My phone's display will not turn off, instead it goes to the lockscreen and then the whole display become unresponsive. If I use power button instead of double tap to turn off the display this issue will not occur.
For information
- I didn't dropped my phone since I bought it.
- My phone's display is working fine but goes crazy only during above said scenario.
- My phone's proximity sensor is working fine as it should be.
-I have done hardware reset thrice for this issue.
I have added a video footage of this issue along with this post. From my point of view its a software bug. All others who are reading this post and have zenfone 5z on current version of update, Please check and give your response and if anyone is having a solution for this issue will be much helpful.
Thank you.

34 REPLIES 34

Abhinav
Zen Master I
I'm also facing the same issue with .110 update.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Abhinav

I'm also facing the same issue with .110 update.

View post
Please update to .123 new firmware verison which was released yesterday mod have already mentioned that it is fixed with latest FOTA as accepted answer to this thread which you will find on 1st page itself.
If you have not received FOTA yet please wait for few more days as it will be released in phases it should arrive soon to you.
Thanks!

Abhinav
Zen Master I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/159717#Comment_159717

Please update to .123 new firmware verison which was released yesterday mod have already mentioned that it is fixed with latest FOTA as accepted answer to this thread which you will find on 1st page itself.

If you have not received FOTA yet please wait for few more days as it will be released in phases it should arrive soon to you.

Thanks!

View post
Done and the problem is also solved in new update.

xbms
Star II
Christine_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/135722#Comment_135722

Hi friends

These 2 "blocking Light Sensor + double tap to turn off" behaviors are solved on latest firmware version WW-100.10.107.123.

Starting from today, this firmware will be rolled out to different region one by one randomly. Please stay tuned with our website and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage. Cheers.

View post
I have updated my phone today and the problem is solved now. Everything is working fine, so far so good no issues found .
Thanks ASUS and its Software Team for this and for listening to their User's.
Special thanks to @Christine_ASUS , @AmitGarde and all the moderators who are actively working and bringing the user issues to the forefront. Yes you people should be definitely appreciated for your work and dedications you put together.👍
Thanks for all you who have replied to this post. Have a great day🤗

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
Thank you all for your assistance and detail providing, which helps us to roll out a better update.
Cheers. 🙏💛