This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yogendra

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158652#Comment_158652

After reading your foolish comments now I confirmed that you know nothing. For your kind information if you buy a phone or any electronic products and want to cover the warranty the first thing you do is register your product to the company website and I already did it on the first day of my purchase. If the service centre have checked for my registered IMEI, then they don't have to ask for a bill as the same thing done by Apple care that is why they didn't ask for purchase bill.

View post
Maybe India is different then for when you proof your warranty. Basically what you are saying I can walk in to a service centre with your device and have it warranty repaired without have to proof I own the device. Sounds flawed to me?
Yes you are right, changing language doesn't proof you own the device or proof warranty, you are probably the only guy there who had that phone with that language set, whereas everyone their language has Simpliflied Chinese. Like I said, try it again, you wpuld be complaining to the world how bad Apple was.
// Edit: Please keep this thread on topic.

PhysiTech
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158850#Comment_158850

Maybe India is different then for when you proof your warranty. Basically what you are saying I can walk in to a service centre with your device and have it warranty repaired without have to proof I own the device. Sounds flawed to me?

Yes you are right, changing language doesn't proof you own the device or proof warranty, you are probably the only guy there who had that phone with that language set, whereas everyone their language has Simpliflied Chinese. Like I said, try it again, you wpuld be complaining to the world how bad Apple was.

View post
Seriously! brother, I think you had a very bad experience with Apple. Also, I don't wanna stretch this discussion further. So we should continue with our own experiences.
And for everyone else here, I don't have any complaints about my device it's running much better than other Androids. My only concern is about the service nothing more.
Thank you

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158850#Comment_158850

View post
So what's the problem in someone else bringing the "eligible" phone for repair?

Warranty is provided for product not to a person right?

And fact that if it's already registered by user, then it nullifies the argument of "being black marketed" or etc.

If owner is to be verified, to check if device is stolen, then service guys should ask for Identity proof and cross check that with warranty registration details.(where you entered the email and phone number or other details).

Or simply push an OTP to registered email/phone and confirm that at the repair.
Don't most of the insurances work that way?
Also anyone with invoice can walk in and get mother board Changed, changing IMEI and SN. So identify proof + Warranty registration is important not purchase receipt.
You don't need invoice if warranty is registered, its redundant in proving what's already proved.
@Yogendra

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158866#Comment_158866

So what's the problem in someone else bringing the "eligible" phone for repair?

Warranty is provided for product not to a person right?

And fact that if it's already registered by user, then it nullifies the argument of "being black marketed" or etc.

If owner is to be verified, to check if device is stolen, then service guys should ask for Identity proof and cross check that with warranty registration details.(where you entered the email and phone number or other details).

Or simply push an OTP to registered email/phone and confirm that at the repair.

Don't most of the insurances work that way?

Also anyone with invoice can walk in and get mother board Changed, changing IMEI and SN. So identify proof + Warranty registration is important not purchase receipt.

You don't need invoice if warranty is registered, its redundant in proving what's already proved.

@Yogendra

View post
There isn't a problem, but the comapny has the right to ask you and is infact stated how you should bring in the device for warranty repairs:
The other thing, the repair was not because poor workmanship as Yogendra stated in his/her issue.
By the way, it does say bring in your invoice, if you read it.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
screenshot-20210325-124336228-281-29.jpg
This is recent ROG 2 update coming very soon. There may be chances of some change in changelog but this is it finally.
@ImShrey @Yogendra @ronald1985
Thanks!