This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 not charging

SALinogan101
Star I
My ROG phone 2 suddenly stopped charging. I have never used other chargers nor cables. Never did I charge while using the phone or charge overnight. Now I have to attached the aero cooler everytime I charge. So disappointed for a flagship level phone, those china phone companies charging ports are more enduring.
4 REPLIES 4

ronald1985
Community Legend I
SALinogan101

My ROG phone 2 suddenly stopped charging. I have never used other chargers nor cables. Never did I charge while using the phone or charge overnight. Now I have to attached the aero cooler everytime I charge. So disappointed for a flagship level phone, those china phone companies charging ports are more enduring.

ROG Phone 2 not charging
Sounds like the port is going. Does the other charging port work?

SALinogan101
Star I
the side port works. another thing i notice is eventhough the bottum port is not charging, it heats up dramatically in less than 10 sec, everytime i connect it to the charger. so its not a software issue

SALinogan101
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45923/rog-phone-2-not-charging

Sounds like the port is going. Does the other charging port work?

View post
the side port still works properly. i just like to point out that everytime i try to charge at the bottom it heats up so fast in less than 10 sec, and you wont be able to touch the tip of the cable cuz its so hot.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
SALinogan101

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157778#Comment_157778

the side port still works properly. i just like to point out that everytime i try to charge at the bottom it heats up so fast in less than 10 sec, and you wont be able to touch the tip of the cable cuz its so hot.

View post
I would probably stop using the bottom port for now until you can reach to the service centre.
For now, use the side port for charging.