This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

SoumyaRS
Rising Star II
TODAY, RogPhone 5 failed the durability test by JERRY RIG.

Melqui
Zen Master I
SoumyaRS

View post
Yes, totally!!! Unbelievable.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157291#Comment_157291

I dont think Optiplex stops you from getting notifications. I have always had mine on and I get notifications. So, not sure what is happening there.

The company should invest in proper antivirus solutions. Usually your company will provide you a corporate antivirus. Again, this is going off topic, so be it if you think it is a joke.

The optimization is meant to speed up the phone so you can play games smoothly and the only way to do this by stopping background services from running.

Can't help you with your work related problems if things as simple as AV is a joke as a starter.

Going off road, probably time to close this thread?

View post
I have explained my every comment regarding security issues.
If just gonna answer is rhetorically then better not even comment on it.

Av is A JOKE on android phones. If you don't believe me check interviews of The Linus Torwalds, founder of Linux.
If you had even 0.5 % idea of how android architecture is under the hood, then you would have known why AV on android is a scam and money grab.

Closest to anti virus android has, which has potential to do what AV is supposed to do, is Play Protect. That's it.
If your defination of AV is "stop installing unknown/black listed app" then that my friend is just a filter / blocker and not a antivirus.

There are no worms in android: as files can't run themselves as executable unless you are rooted
There are no ransomware in android: because you basically have to give whole storage write Access To any app. And background running, battery optimization and all that stuff.
There are not rootkits either (without root)
Also in 99.99999% cases you can't even root without unlocking bootloader.
There is no cross session hijacking on app level, as apps run in their own containers and you can choose what data write in public directories and what to write in app-local path.

I can go on and on....

Also no non vendor anti virus can protect you from many of the above attacks due to same reason why viruses/malware/worms can't affect the device.
Any antivirus to work should have Atleast system wide or for most effectiveness complete root access. And that your favourite brand Asus doesn't provide!😂🙌🏻

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157350#Comment_157350

I have explained my every comment regarding security issues.

If just gonna answer is rhetorically then better not even comment on it.

Av is A JOKE on android phones. If you don't believe me check interviews of The Linus Torwalds, founder of Linux.

If you had even 0.5 % idea of how android architecture is under the hood, then you would have known why AV on android is a scam and money grab.

Closest to anti virus android has, which has potential to do what AV is supposed to do, is Play Protect. That's it.

If your defination of AV is "stop installing unknown/black listed app" then that my friend is just a filter / blocker and not a antivirus.

There are no worms in android: as files can't run themselves as executable unless you are rooted

There are no ransomware in android: because you basically have to give whole storage write Access To any app. And background running, battery optimization and all that stuff.

There are not rootkits either (without root)

Also in 99.99999% cases you can't even root without unlocking bootloader.

There is no cross session hijacking on app level, as apps run in their own containers and you can choose what data write in public directories and what to write in app-local path.

I can go on and on....

Also no non vendor anti virus can protect you from many of the above attacks due to same reason why viruses/malware/worms can't affect the device.

Any antivirus to work should have Atleast system wide or for most effectiveness complete root access. And that your favourite brand Asus doesn't provide!😂🙌🏻

View post
I think you have answered your own question about the security updates and you have also confirmed that it is user responsibility to look after their security 😕
Either way, be it, because your logic there is as long you have everything downloaded from Google you are fine (which I agree to some extent). Your other logic is you dont need to worry about viruses because it doesnt exists yet or Androids can't get them.
With tech, anything can happen. It didnt happen in the past doesnt mean it wont happen in the future. Most of all, you are relying on Google to do the work for you. (Look at Microsoft, Look at Sony and Facebook - bet you didnt jump up and down about their security ;')).
So your example, unless you give the said app full access, then they can't steal, encrypt your files? Viruses/Ransomware/Malware (doesnt matter what it is) dont need full access to the root storage to steal or encrypt personal data.
Avast is built in ROG 2.

Vamp
Zen Master I
SoumyaRS

View post
Yep... Kinda satisfying now... Asus now make phones which are not have structural integrity keeping users to buy device more frequently. Good luck Asus with that.
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157634#Comment_157634

I think you have answered your own question about the security updates and you have also confirmed that it is user responsibility to look after their security 😕

Either way, be it, because your logic there is as long you have everything downloaded from Google you are fine (which I agree to some extent). Your other logic is you dont need to worry about viruses because it doesnt exists yet or Androids can't get them.

With tech, anything can happen. It didnt happen in the past doesnt mean it wont happen in the future. Most of all, you are relying on Google to do the work for you. (Look at Microsoft, Look at Sony and Facebook - bet you didnt jump up and down about their security ;')).

So your example, unless you give the said app full access, then they can't steal, encrypt your files? Viruses/Ransomware/Malware (doesnt matter what it is) dont need full access to the root storage to steal or encrypt personal data.

Avast is built in ROG 2.

View post
Virus just don't get from application, it can get from visiting some site and developers are so good these days that without proper security updates virus can be deployed through network layer also.
Avast is a joke and always will be, other than cleaning clipboard it does nothing as android system doesn't allow antivirus to work, it's nothing more than bloatware and same goes for windows, no anti virus is needed as windows now have built-in windows security.
As for the encryption RoG doesn't have any dedicated chip for encryption so it rely on android backed encryption so it's quite not that much secure.