This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

Melqui
Zen Master I
"Motorola’s Moto G8 and G8 Power are getting their Android 11 stable updates"

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156073#Comment_156073

Really? @ronald1985

Nobody cares what you like or not, everybody has their opinion and choices.

And that's it, give us a option and those who don't care won't touch it and those who do will use it. That's the very definition of customisation.

Someone defending brand for not having well thought-out features and half baked implementation, by criticizing the features itself is proof how you are ignoring the fact and blaming people who are asking "at least make existing stuff worth the use" !

Literally every brand does AoD, and by asus's and your logic, a small phoey brand, thinks It's not worth it because takes out battery?🙏

Then don't even use notification led, Aura led, and triggers they suck battery too. Turn off all the haptics, it is also a waste. RiP logic!🙏

"Why do you want to see fingerprint animation"?

Because its my phone, I paid some hefty money and I expect asus to implement this small feature, that any 3rd grade manufacturer does.

Whats wrong with stock animation? Man its not even original asus's. Its just OEM Qualcomm's factory animation, was released for demo in gen 1 fingerprint sensors. And you tell me does this look good on so called best gaming phone?

Don't give us customisations, but atleast throw in a original / stock Rog based animation itself?

Also non of what you said explains why those all features are available in CN rom of the same phone and not Ww. How hard it is? Just a branch merge and little bit conflict resolution (if any) in source.

"The ability to stop apps from running in the background": literally? This is unique to rog?

Miui does this since ages, so does color os, and samsung has option to completely kill app automatically.

And sleeping apps is way better for some types of apps, that depend on GCM service. Ever heard of doze, greenify, naptime?

Btw asus's background management sucks, try installing skype and outlook you won't get push notifications of new mails and message or calls 3/10 times.

You have to manually change auto start, battery optimization, optiflex etc for them work properly.

View post
Not really a RIP logic if the main use of your phone is for gaming. Your point about customization, lots of things can be done using Play Store apps then. That is the whole point of using Android and that is to build up the customization on your phone. I use a screen dimmer, do I complain that the screen is too bright? no. I go to the Play Store and download the things I want. So your point on AOD and Fingerprint can be done on Play Store, that is if you wanted to that is.
Air triggers I only use for gaming, but I don't use the aura lighting 🙂 I do not use the air tirgger to trigger x-mode and extra. I also do not use gesture functionality. So yes, I am using this phone literally what the box says, gaming.
The battery optimizations you will get that for all phones. The only difference is that you have to turn it on like you have said. This is good for security standpoint.
Melqui

"Motorola’s Moto G8 and G8 Power are getting their Android 11 stable updates"

View post
You should really go for Pixel if you want to be the first and if you want to be on the latest version of Android.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
img-20210315-wa0002.jpg
img-20210315-wa0001.jpg
img-20210315-wa0000.jpg
Here are some things you can find on Google Play. Have a look around!

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156969#Comment_156969

Not really a RIP logic if the main use of your phone is for gaming. Your point about customization, lots of things can be done using Play Store apps then. That is the whole point of using Android and that is to build up the customization on your phone. I use a screen dimmer, do I complain that the screen is too bright? no. I go to the Play Store and download the things I want. So your point on AOD and Fingerprint can be done on Play Store, that is if you wanted to that is.

Air triggers I only use for gaming, but I don't use the aura lighting 🙂 I do not use the air tirgger to trigger x-mode and extra. I also do not use gesture functionality. So yes, I am using this phone literally what the box says, gaming.

The battery optimizations you will get that for all phones. The only difference is that you have to turn it on like you have said. This is good for security standpoint.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156993#Comment_156993

You should really go for Pixel if you want to be the first and if you want to be on the latest version of Android.

View post
Care to elaborate how it's good for Security to not allow users to get their work mails and conference calls?
And they have to bend over backwards and change 3 settings in different places per app to make it work normally?
Is getting push notifications a feature? Edge case that not many want?

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

img-20210315-wa0002.jpg

img-20210315-wa0001.jpg

img-20210315-wa0000.jpg

Here are some things you can find on Google Play. Have a look around!

View post
So that's why you were saying AoD drains battery?😂
For basic features we have to use many 3rd party apps which will hog lot of permissions and ruin your battery life!
You're bootstraping your own argument mate.