screenshot-20210215-232540134.jpg
screenshot-20210215-233440146.jpg
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus_1001d
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: N/A
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 9.2.0.0_200807
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
my rog phone 2 can't unlock bootloader by this app by 15/2/2021 and i had been far behind latest version rog phone 2 and security update now and the phone starting get slow, lagging, frame drop, and bug. moreover, i afraid that i can't update latest app on playstore. i hope the phone bootloader is unlock so i can get latest version updated manually.

thank you
6 REPLIES 6

Vableme
Rising Star II
You don't need root to update manually. Download the latest firmware, and put it on the place where all folders live. Then, restart your phone and it should detect the update by itself. And by then you could update manually.

raikou837

You don't need root to update manually. Download the latest firmware, and put it on the place where all folders live. Then, restart your phone and it should detect the update by itself. And by then you could update manually.

View post
I already try this attempt and after the system detect the update, then there said update failed

Aryan202
Community Legend I
kolonelkirito123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152688#Comment_152688

I already try this attempt and after the system detect the update, then there said update failed

View post
Try going manually from one version to the other in order then
What's your current firmware version?
Just to be sure you aren't using an tencent version right?

Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/152726#Comment_152726

Try going manually from one version to the other in order then

What's your current firmware version?

Just to be sure you aren't using an tencent version right?

View post
Is tencent version but the device is fully convert to version 17.02100.2001 and if you give me same answer to download manually is very impossible because I already this attempt many time and result system update fail