This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vowifi on jio not working on 5Z after latest update

ayushagrwal
Star I
My zenfone 5z has the latest software update pushed recently which brought vowifi support for jio in india. I have a jio sim which supports vowifi on my other phone. But it just doesn't work on the 5z even when I've turned wifi calling on from the menu. The phone just doesn't switch to vowifi protocol and the call is routed through volte despite configuring the wifi calling settings correctly. Help!
15 REPLIES 15

JACKSPARROW
Rising Star II
ayushagrwal

My zenfone 5z has the latest software update pushed recently which brought vowifi support for jio in india. I have a jio sim which supports vowifi on my other phone. But it just doesn't work on the 5z even when I've turned wifi calling on from the menu. The phone just doesn't switch to vowifi protocol and the call is routed through volte despite configuring the wifi calling settings correctly. Help!

It Happens , But After I Restart My Devices , Again It Works ...

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
ayushagrwal

Yes that issue is there, the vowifi in 5z is pretty buggy. It stops working after sometime and only after toggling airplane mode or restarting the phone it starts working again. ASUS please fix this at once. Thanks!

ayushagrwal
Star I
My problem got a bit better. I think the trick is to keep the myjio app installed on your 5Z.

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
subhojit.dey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44614/vowifi-on-jio-not-working-on-5z-after-latest-update

Yes that issue is there, the vowifi in 5z is pretty buggy. It stops working after sometime and only after toggling airplane mode or restarting the phone it starts working again. ASUS please fix this at once. Thanks!

View post
I didn't find any issues that you have explained regarding vowifi. Vowifi works perfectly on my 5z 🙂