This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jan update?

nationkid
Rising Star II
I assume we're missing yet another monthly update?
19 REPLIES 19

HendSome
Star III
p-20210207-134700.jpg
Even my 3 years old S8 gets an Jan update. Wonder if Asus ever care about all the sold phones.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
HendSome

p-20210207-134700.jpg

Even my 3 years old S8 gets an Jan update. Wonder if Asus ever care about all the sold phones.

View post
My 2.6yrs+ zenfone 5z is still getting updates too 😄

nationkid
Rising Star II
From my understand is that ROG 2 was meant to get monthly updates for two years. Seeing as how support will end in 3-4months I am greatly worried.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Rog II is supposed to get "Bi-monthly" updates.
Previous update was slated for Nov 20 release, but it was actually released in mid Dec 20. So yeah Jan 21 should have been next release month but asus crapped up and maybe now we have wait till Feb 21 end?

Its utterly ridiculous, no mods are active in this forum, specially on Rog2, so it's a dead rubber to them. We don't mean anything but waste of time and resources to them.

Make better life decisions next time when you buy Phones.

nationkid
Rising Star II
shreyashshah16

Rog II is supposed to get "Bi-monthly" updates.

Previous update was slated for Nov 20 release, but it was actually released in mid Dec 20. So yeah Jan 21 should have been next release month but asus crapped up and maybe now we have wait till Feb 21 end?

Its utterly ridiculous, no mods are active in this forum, specially on Rog2, so it's a dead rubber to them. We don't mean anything but waste of time and resources to them.

Make better life decisions next time when you buy Phones.

View post
Asus is suffering from their neglect anyway. If you look at their mobile finances they're actually losing money (roughly half way into ROG2). Granted Covid is a thing but if they had taken more time on software support and ensuring ROG 1 and 2 users were well looked after then maybe ROG 3 would've been more well received.

Instead, they're set on a phone release every year thinking people want to spend £800-1000 on a high end phone. Which sadly I don't have that money to throw away. I'm honestly gutted to be treated like this as a ROG 2 owner. I honestly thought I was going to be treated as a valued higher spending customer but the software support has been dreadful and then to see a ROG 4/5 soon to come really hits home at how quick they're to drop us and go.

Sadly I can see Asus dropping the ROG range in the future and focusing on Zenphone. At least Zenphone has the monthly updates/older model support.