This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red tint issue at lower brightness.

subhamg159
Star II
Whether the red tint problem will be solve?
Whether this is an issue or a feature??
I am facing this issue every time I use youtube, instagram or any other app where background color seems to be greyish at low brightness. The red tint seems to apper only at greyish part which is annoying as it already suffering from black crush problem. Due to these issues the experience of content consumption is worst. At this price range it is not acceptable. I bought this phone as I trusted asus.
Therefore, I hope that asus team will fix these problem as soon as possible. Some updates has lower the black crush issue but its still there. Please look into red tint issue also.
Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
The reddish display may sometime appear and we are currently tuning the display for best output.
Can't comment if the reddish part will be decreased to Zero but will try to improve with every update.
Thanks for the feedback.

subhamg159
Star II
Thanks for your response. I would say more on red tint issue. There are two types of dark mode in apps, one is completely black and the other is little dim which is greyish in colour. This red tint issue deals with greyish dark mode everywhere also i use dark mode most of the time. This happens in low brightness at about 20 to 30 % but above that display looks great.
Red tint problem can be seen everywhere than black cursh issue. I cant use my phone at higher brightness level everytime. I request asus team to solve this problem completely. If this is a software problem then it must be resolved in next few updates but if its a hardware problem, then you should change its display as we have paid a lot not for the defective product. Please fix these issue completely🙏.
THANK YOU.

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
+1. The red tint is too obtrusive and the content consumption is indeed worst due to it. Too much money spent for a "mediocre" display. Although, 144Hz is a monster setting but the color rendering of the screen makes it a less than enjoyable experience during the night.
Observable at a lower brightness and additionally, you guys should plan to fix the gamma coefficient in the display somehow, along with disabling the HW overlay causing this.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
the minimum brightness of the screen is too high, and at night it is annoying and harmful. This has already been said here many times, but Asus does not seem to care much about the eye health of their customers .. The same was happening on the Asus Rog Phone 2, and I think they did not correct it, so I doubt they will correct it in the rog3 .. I do not understand why such a simple thing is not fixed. My old Samsung S9 was super comfortable to see at night. The rog3 between the red tint and brightness, for me, is very annoying.