This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Phone 3 - Strix System Update issue.

TX11559
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog Phone 3 - Strix Tencent Edition
Rooted or not: Not sure (Global Rom)
Hello, I have some questions about my Phone.
I have recently got from Ebay the Asus Rog 3 Phone - Strix edition Tencent Version. I choice it because it was cheaper, I was doing some digging and found that the issue might be the companies for the communication. I am from Israel so this issue was irrelevant, and this is why I choose this phone.

Anyway, the system version number is 17.0823.2007.32, when I try to update it says it is up to date, however I see other versions out there so :

1) how can I update my system ?
2) sorry to ask, is the tencent version a real ASUS phone ? because on their website I see there is republic of gamers and none tecent, so got confused.

Will add more info / pictures if needed, thanks.

24 REPLIES 24

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@TX11559 ASUS is a Taiwanese company. As for the Tencent-branded models, they have Chinese ROM and are intended for the Chinese market.

TX11559
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@TX11559 ASUS is a Taiwanese company. As for the Tencent-branded models, they have Chinese ROM and are intended for the Chinese market.

View post
I understand that, but its still an ASUS phone yes? Like, ASUS PHONE for the Chinese market ?

Well next time will have to do a bigger wide search, it did save me a lot of money, I won't lie as they are way cheaper but at the cost of....

Feels quite disappointed 😞

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
TX11559

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148815#Comment_148815

I understand that, but its still an ASUS phone yes? Like, ASUS PHONE for the Chinese market ?

Well next time will have to do a bigger wide search, it did save me a lot of money, I won't lie as they are way cheaper but at the cost of....

View post
Yes, it's the ROG Phone 3 version sold for the Chinese market.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
But you can still manually update through the full firmware available on Asus's site right?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
TX11559

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148815#Comment_148815

View post
It is an ASUS product however it is only for the chinese market, so installing a global rom onto it is installing software that isnt made for it. This causes especially issues with certifications and such.