This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Flash stock firmware without unlocking bootloader

Hey
I want to flash stock firmware without unlocking bootloader of my Rog 3.is this possible....i am experiencing Widevine L3 issue....and i think flashing stock firmware may solve this issue...i dont want to go to service centers as they take much time..plz help
14 REPLIES 14

ZT-6cd6a60f
Star II
@MV
Hmm i'm already here in Asus Zentalk why am i asked to visit XDA. Asus people can't help me ?

realistix
Rising Star I
nodweb13@gmail.com

@MV

Hmm i'm already here in Asus Zentalk why am i asked to visit XDA. Asus people can't help me ?

View post
You can download stock FW from ASUS website. Otherwise Factory reset is the same thing if you are on latest already. You cannot downgrade FW as I said earlier, without unlocking. In which case, you go to XDA as mentioned by MV.

MV
Rising Star II
nodweb13@gmail.com

@MV

View post
ASUS/any OEM won't help you once you unlock the bootloader. There on after you are on your own. XDA should be your next stop in that case.

realistix
Rising Star I
FYI, with unlocked bootloader.... Download FW from ASUS site and you will get pop up to install. Asus should help considering they provide the tool to unlock tbh. They should call it the "cancel help unlock". Phne companies get away with anything these days..... Hold them accountable as much as they deserve. Zentalk could solve this users issue in minutes, if they wanted. But here we are, letting users respond over and over. Well done ASUS. Even if the OEM won't help directly, Their support forum would normally have an answer from experienced users, instead of saying "go to XDA".....which is a good answer tbh. More help over there. Nodweb13, DM me if you like, happy to help you if i can.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi nrsashubham2010,
I understand your situation.
Currently for Widewine issue Service center is the only option.
Flashing a stock ROM or unlocking bootloader I won't recommend you for now as the phone is still new and in Warranty.