ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Manoj Bobby

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134193#Comment_134193

Who are you buddy? An ASUS spokes person? Not even a mod! You've got no business with whatever devices I use. I've been watching you from the beginning, got nothing to do other than defending this asus team by posting random issues with defective units. Try to accept the fact that asus messed up and you invested in this substandard beta device.

View post
True that's none of my business neither do I care about what devices you use the situation just sounded a bit "inexplicable" to me
Why have 2 android tier 1 flagships and a top tier iphone
And again none of my concern
Now back to the question I researched a lot on this topic looked at different community forums,reddit groups, telegram groups and the consensus was there have been many complains by users regarding the same display issues so was just stating that it's not something that people face only here,yes the intensity can vary true due to different calibrations and if you own a different phone with no issues as stated here by some people good for you but that's not denying the fact that multiple people have the above said issue (there are many with rog 3's who say they don't have black crush and tint too so there's that)
Zentalk is just one of the many places where you interact with the community
And yes Asus should work on this and from what I read from the mods they have confirmed further display related improvements multiple times

Manoj_Bobby
Star III
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134197#Comment_134197

True that's none of my business neither do I care about what devices you use the situation just sounded a bit "inexplicable" to me

Now back to the question I researched a lot on this topic looked at different community forums,reddit groups, telegram groups and the consensus was there have been many complains by users regarding the same display issues so was just stating that it's not something that people face only here,yes the intensity can vary true due to different calibrations and if you own a different phone with no issues as stated here by some people good for you but that's not denying the fact that multiple people have the above said issue (there are many with rog 3's who say they don't have black crush and tint too so there's that)

And yes Asus should work on this and from what u read from the mods they have confirmed further display related improvements

View post
I dare asus team to give similar statement. I remember last statement was couple of months ago stating that 'the issue will be addressed in future updates' is this some kind of joke?

Manoj_Bobby
Star III
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134197#Comment_134197

And yes Asus should work on this and from what u read from the mods they have confirmed further display related improvements

View post
And if you still call this ROG device a premium tier 1 flagship! Give me a break

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Manoj Bobby

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134205#Comment_134205

I dare asus team to give similar statement. I remember last statement was couple of months ago stating that 'the issue will be addressed in future updates' is this some kind of joke?

View post
You can find mod replies in individual threads that have been created here
But I'm positively affirmative that mods said future optimisations will come

sub
Star III
Averan

I don't think this issue is going away anytime soon on OLEDs to be honest

Even 60hz OLEDs have reported tints,black crush and other issues

https://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-12-screen-issues-1179093/

https://www.gizchina.com/2020/11/19/iphone-12-green-screen-check-if-your-device-is-susceptible-to-th...

iPhone is considered the hallmark in many cases of using quality hardware components so there goes that and remember that it only uses a 60hz OLED

And you can see similar display related rants on almost all manufacturer forums now whether it be samsung,oneplus or someone else

https://www.sammobile.com/opinion/galaxy-s20-fe-display-issues-horrible-galaxy-note-7/

Samsung FE has touch related issue (from launch which was a few months ago) for example and it's quite widespread and the phone isn't cheap by any margin

View post
The key here is some units where as in the case of ROG 3 majority of units are affected your saying is correct that asus is doing something but other than mods no one from asus has come forward to address the issue officialy we all know the issue because we have bought and even though its a defective product but people are still buying coz the issue hasn't been officially addressed
I have seen you defending asus at everyone one of your comments u love the company or whatever that's totally upto you but we have been scammed in the name of flagship that is just absurd
I will never ever buy another asus products and suggests other same i just want my money back i hate this phone and everyday using it is the reminder of the money i could put and bought a better phone