This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Justice to flagship, Atleast zenui 7 top of Android 10 OR Android 11 top of zenui 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: forever
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): system
Time has come ASUS has started beta testing for 6z as its regular cycle why skip 5z as a flagship i personally feel 5z is best device ASUS has made till date with lesser hardware issues comparing 6z n rog series also 5z is most sold smartphone till date for ASUS in flagship range m happy with dedicated support till date for 5z and still ongoing for more few months
But as a flagship owner want to tell ASUS that is 5z really worth to be called as flagship 👇
1.No vowifi
2.No prime hd
3.No ARCORE
4.No camera UI improvements even after Zenui 6
5.No dedicated nightmode for capable sensor in camera app
6.Touch panel stutters in games exists since Android 8 (which we and mods are still fighting to get fix from devs )
even after several requests since months from 5z users no hard push from ASUS for 5z users why? No requested features are seen
If thats fine not to give it to 5z owners than its ok
But to fill this huge gap can asus make us happy with surprising decision like more 6 months update cycle with implementations like atleast providing
*ZENUI 7 on Android 10 itself
OR
*Android 11/R on top of ZENUI 6 itslef
I wish atleast ASUS will reconsider our request and justice 5z as a flagship before ending up support to 5z
@Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @STARRAIN_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Y_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @gabriel_prado @ga278057 @gabriel95
299 REPLIES 299

vkk178
Rising Star I
Vo-Wifi & Arcore would make 5z atleast on par with other devices in market , this is would be really good . Above that if they can further slim the UI via Android 11 or/and Zen UI 7 it would be excellent . This device is still a very capable one .

xupmvu
Rising Star II
It is a miracle that 5Z can have a stable version of android 10, look at the poor android 10 crippled version of ZF5

Aryan202
Community Legend I
vkk178

Vo-Wifi & Arcore would make 5z atleast on par with other devices in market , this is would be really good . Above that if they can further slim the UI via Android 11 or/and Zen UI 7 it would be excellent . This device is still a very capable one .

View post
Vowifi for Jio can come via an ota but arcore I doubt as google has to certify the devices and 5z is like 2+yrs old now so pretty slim chances of that and as per mods have said arcore is probably not possible now

sanjithagoud
Star I
So sad to see the lack of response on this thread. Such an active community, so many people requesting for the update. Yet nothing apart from that one single official comment stating that it is under evaluation. Atleast an update would help us understand a bit. This is deeply disappointing from Asus. Really wanted to move to ROG after this, but such negligence towards customers is not acceptable. Been an Asus fan for almost a decade at this point. Right from my Asus G750 ROG laptop all the way to now having multiple Asus phone's and laptop's in the household. Really had high hopes for them understanding us.

雪狼
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130083#Comment_130083

5z support is not yet over and i have a strong feeling that it should be updated to be at its best

We are waiting for magical Android 11 or zenui 7 and officials havent confirmed yet as clear No so be hopeful🙈

View post
Then you think Zenfone 5z will reach Android 11, then ROG 1 does not even have Android Q, so I think it is not feasible, if Zenfone 5z is upgraded, then I think it is very unfair