Screen problem

BurgerKingCrown
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3 Strix Edition 8/256
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: every day since August
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone's interface, games, google discovery, netlix, hbo, youtube, basically any app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
dsc-0061-jpg.jpg
dsc-0062-jpg.jpg
dsc-0063-jpg.jpg
dsc-0064-jpg.jpg
Hello, so this is what's happening to my unit since the day I got it.
I don't know if that half blacked screen falls under the 'black crush' category. The picture I took shows the Google discovery feed page just to present the problem - that's where the issue is best visible . Only the lower part of the screen is affected by this - while gaming or watching movies only this part displays darker spots differently. While this is happening the colors seem to be fine, that's why I didn't know if I should address the black crush issue.
Also, since I can't find the answer anywhere - is the green tint a hardware or a software problem, no update has fixed it for me yet since August. The tint isn't green in the 60hz mode but I can still see the discoloration.
11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
That's proably a hardware defect, had the same issue on the top of my screen and got it replaced. That's normal behaviour if something on the TFT layer isnt entirely right and the voltages it gives to the OLED diods are simply to low. The discoloration is blakc crush which everyone is complaining about, but the thing that messes up only the bottom screen is indeed a defect.

BurgerKingCrown
Star III
Thank you for the info @nightmaster552 . Can somebody from Asus team confirm that? It would be easier to get a replacement this way.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
BurgerKingCrownMan

Thank you for the info @nightmaster552 . Can somebody from Asus team confirm that? It would be easier to get a replacement this way.

View post
You can repeat the process I did. Go to the nearest ASUS service center show them the pixalation, rotate the screen 180 degrees and show them that now it's suddenly gone but on the other side aka always the bottom part thats messing up.
They will instantly give you a replacement or offer a repair. Nobody from the Asus team is going to confirm or deny the defect as they won't say anything else than "go to the nearest asus service center" as the mods here cannot take responsibility for a diagnosis.

markosmiro105
Star III
@nightmaster552

Hi mate, can you tell me because i have a similar situation, mine has faulty screen (touch) but when send it to asus service center didn't give me new rog 3 replacement, just repair and change the defective screen.

Can u tell me how many days from purchase of rog 3 happens to u?
Service center give u a brand new rog 3 or another device? And btw what country are u ?

Thank you