enki
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW_29.13.7.47
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A, new feature suggestion
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Just few suggestions for better live with the phone.
To adhere to 'Battery care' tips suggested by the Asus, I would like to have sound notification when battery get charged to selected level, so I can unplug the phone asap after charge without checking it periodically.
Restore normal battery mode on Alarm event. I have set battery power consuming modes between 23:00 - 6:00, but when I have to wake up earlier than 6am, I have to manually turn off the battery mode to return to normal usage. To me it looks logical that even the battery mode is set to end at 6am, but I have set phone to wake me up at 5am, the normal mode gets restored automatically.
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
enki

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: WW_29.13.7.47
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: N/A, new feature suggestion
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Just few suggestions for better live with the phone.

1. To adhere to 'Battery care' tips suggested by the Asus, I would like to have sound notification when battery get charged to selected level, so I can unplug the phone asap after charge without checking it periodically.
  2. Restore normal battery mode on Alarm event. I have set battery power consuming modes between 23:00 - 6:00, but when I have to wake up earlier than 6am, I have to manually turn off the battery mode to return to normal usage. To me it looks logical that even the battery mode is set to end at 6am, but I have set phone to wake me up at 5am, the normal mode gets restored automatically.

Thank you.

Few nice to have features
Why do you need to check periodically? Let it sit until you need your phone and then unplug it no matter what level it is. Your battery won't get hurt if you let it trickle charge at 80% for several hours. If we add a sound and you walk away, you will still check to see if you missed the sound when you went to the toilet or something.
I can check if we can add auto end time to this feature as well
Thank you!

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/38860/few-nice-to-have-features

1. Why do you need to check periodically? Let it sit until you need your phone and then unplug it no matter what level it is. Your battery won't get hurt if you let it trickle charge at 80% for several hours. If we add a sound and you walk away, you will still check to see if you missed the sound when you went to the toilet or something.
  2. I can check if we can add auto end time to this feature as well

Thank you!

View post
For #1, maybe just change the LED color to green once at 80% or 90% depending on the setting ?
For now it stays orange like if it was just charging even when it reaches the defined max charge.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
morenomiguel1986

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130324#Comment_130324

For #1, maybe just change the LED color to green once at 80% or 90% depending on the setting ?

For now it stays orange like if it was just charging even when it reaches the defined max charge.

View post
But that would mean that it has reached 100% and it hasn't. It's not supposed to be green if it reaches 80%. We don't want to change this behavior because we feel it's unnecessary and there's an increased risk of creating bugs if the LED is controlled by the maximum set charging level.
You just need to stop care about if it has reached 80% or not.