cr7ayan2020
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Thank you team asus for the fast fix...just got the new fota
screenshot-20200928-213815055.jpg

77 REPLIES 77

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yuran

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/128615#Comment_128615

Hello Ronald. Out of curiosity, would you be so kind in posting your results from

www.vsynctester.com

Would like to see how many fps you get at 90hz for example.

One thing i noticed also, is that with X mode ON the phone keeps up with its fps (90hz - 90fps) and so on, i do not think this was happening before.

Anyway, would you let me know the test please?

Thank you

View post
Here you go:
screenshot-20201030-081137137.jpg

screenshot-20201030-081234765.jpg

Yuran
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/128731#Comment_128731

Here you go:

screenshot-20201030-081137137.jpg

screenshot-20201030-081234765.jpg

View post
Thank you Ronald. As per your 1st screenshot you were also on 60+ fps on 90hz and thats exactly my point. When this happens you don't feel your phone a little bit more laggy? Transitions between apps and menus in UI slower with reflections, lag? The phone should stay on at least 89+ fps all the time with display at 90hz of course and 119+ fps with display at 120hz....and it gets these steady values for a few hours after a reboot....then it drops and then its when the phone feels a bit different...try changing to 60hz display and scroll through the menus in UI back and forth and see how laggy it is. For comparison i have also a Rog 3 and let me tell you how much better the Rog 3 is! A beast! Same tests always steady! 90+ fps or 119+ fps. Its a totally different phone and I guess with a much better optimized firmware. No lag anywhere, snappy, smooth.
Please let me know 🙂
Thank you

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yuran

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/128764#Comment_128764

Thank you Ronald. As per your 1st screenshot you were also on 60+ fps on 90hz and thats exactly my point. When this happens you don't feel your phone a little bit more laggy? Transitions between apps and menus in UI slower with reflections, lag? The phone should stay on at least 89+ fps all the time with display at 90hz of course and 119+ fps with display at 120hz....and it gets these steady values for a few hours after a reboot....then it drops and then its when the phone feels a bit different...try changing to 60hz display and scroll through the menus in UI back and forth and see how laggy it is. For comparison i have also a Rog 3 and let me tell you how much better the Rog 3 is! A beast! Same tests always steady! 90+ fps or 119+ fps. Its a totally different phone and I guess with a much better optimized firmware. No lag anywhere, snappy, smooth.

Please let me know 🙂

Thank you

View post
I suggest you to read on the difference between FPS and refresh rates. There are no relevance.
"Remember that FPS is how many frames your gaming computer is producing or drawing, while the refresh rate is how many times the monitor is refreshing the image on the screen. The refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor does not affect the frame rate (FPS) your GPU will be outputting."
Anyhow, here is a video showing 60hz scrolling on this page:

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello Ronald, yes I do understand pretty well the difference between fps and refresh rate.
The phone should keep up its fps according to the refresh rate settings of the display, only this way it can be smooth, snappy, free of reflections, lag, etc and it is exactly what the ROG 3 does. It keeps its FPS synced with the display refresh rate, at least it is suppose to do that when browsing or scrolling around the UI. Gaming is a different story.
Regarding your video, may I ask you to do another one but not just scrolling in this webpage. Just move around the UI back and forth, open chrome, click bookmarks, close bookmarks, come back to the UI, go inside some options, come back out..etc... sorry 🙂
Can you do it please? both with 60hz and 90hz please.
Thank you 🙂

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Yuran

Hello Ronald, yes I do understand pretty well the difference between fps and refresh rate.

The phone should keep up its fps according to the refresh rate settings of the display, only this way it can be smooth, snappy, free of reflections, lag, etc and it is exactly what the ROG 3 does. It keeps its FPS synced with the display refresh rate, at least it is suppose to do that when browsing or scrolling around the UI. Gaming is a different story.

Regarding your video, may I ask you to do another one but not just scrolling in this webpage. Just move around the UI back and forth, open chrome, click bookmarks, close bookmarks, come back to the UI, go inside some options, come back out..etc... sorry 🙂

Can you do it please? both with 60hz and 90hz please.

Thank you 🙂

View post
60hz

90hz