Camera throws "Camera cannot flips"

When I opened the camera application, it throws camera cannot flips error everytime. I have cleared camera cache but nothing helps, shows same error. 

Comments

• Try these:
    - Restart the device and check.
    - Open the camera app and press the volume button (+) to raise the camera, check if that works.
    - Try to flip the camera manually once and check if it works properly after that.
    If nothing works, it suspect, it should be a hardware issue.
  • Hi,
    I am facing the same issue from the time I have taken the phone out of the box. Tried everything recommended by the guy above but still getting the same error. Front camera has become almost unusable for me. PLEASE if you've find a way for this issue please share.

• DrDr Level 1
    Is the proximity sensor not blocked ?
  • GyanendraGyanendra Level 1
    Same issue camera not flip notification shows everytime. Reset and clear the cache but no result??? Suggest me
  • sri4asussri4asus Level 1
    Not sure why, I had same issue but a simple restart of the phone fixed the issue for me. Did you guys tried 167 new update and see if it resolved the issue?
  • Although restart does fix a problem but that is just a very temperory fix for only sometime and then it again comes back to normal. I have updated to the new firmware today morning. It has indeed reduce the frequency of the problem but it is still very much there. I would say one out three times it is still happening. Thing is it has just become embarrassing to bring front camera in front of anyone to use right now 

• Have you tried the camera retract button in the quick settings menu and maybe even calibrating it? You can find the calibration process by holding the camera retract button.
  • Have you tried the camera retract button in the quick settings menu and maybe even calibrating it? You can find the calibration process by holding the camera retract button.
    Hey Anders. My phone's camera module has a slight vertical play from the non-motor end. Whenever I'm talking to someone on phone, the module buzzes due to sound reproduction. Also, when the phone vibrates I can hear the camera module buzz as well. There's one more issue when I'm walking with the phone in my front jeans pocket, I can hear the camera module flap slightly due to the walking motion. This is all due to the play in module. It doesn't exactly have a snug fit with the phone's body. Is this normal?

PS: I've tried recalibrating the camera also but it didn't help either.
  • m4n15h.r4w4tm4n15h.r4w4t Level 2
    edited July 29
    This is the exact issue I'm facing although the condition is not this worse as of now. I hope it just doesn't come to this in the near future. Check the links below. There are video links in it as well:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79765495&postcount=18
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79769934&postcount=23
  • Shaking the phone may flip out the camera slightly. How much it will flip out depends on how much you shake it. So in theory, yes, it can retract a little bit in your pocket even though this has only happened to me on few occasions.
    To have a small vertical play is normal but if your play is larger than normal is hard to say. Yes the camera may vibrate when the phone vibrates. Of course it makes sounds when you tap it hard with your finger on the top of the phone. Its the design because we couldn't fit two motorers inside. It's a phone and space is very limited.  
    Is this a problem? Well it's up to you. This is not a normal phone so don't expect it to behave like one. You need to question, why does this bother you so much, why does it matter? 
    I believe that most people care so much about the sounds and how it might flip out because they are worried that their unit is faulty or that the camera might stop working. They worry that if there is a small play now, then it will be even worse in a year.
    Well, I can give you comfort in that the behavior is perfectly normal and it will not get worse. We have tested this camera extensively in very rough conditions. So when you show your flipping phone to your friends and they comment about the sounds coming from the module, then you can comfortably answer them that it's not a problem. They will most probably reply that they would't buy a phone that makes sounds like this but then again, this is not a phone for everyone. We're not trying to make a Galaxy S10 or a P30 Pro. This is a phone by nerds for nerds. A phone that does things differently. Things that no other phone can do. This is why you bought it and you should be proud of your choice. We're proud of ZenFone 6 and what we achieved. We know it's still not perfect and we're going to continue improving the software to make it even better. We want all ZenFone 6 users to be super happy with their choice and proud to own a ASUS phone.
  • It's not the camera flipping out while walking or the vertical play from non-motor end that bothers me. The thing which bothers me the most is that because of this issue the earpiece buzzes a lot when I'm talking to someone and it's really irritating. Sometimes I have to put finger on the camera to stop it from buzzing. I've surveyed extensively over the internet and found out that there are many users out there whose camera unit has a perfect snug fit that too without any play issue. So mine is definitely faulty to some extent. Maybe the module is not assembled properly I guess. I'm not sure.
  • Same problem with my device
  • It's not the camera flipping out while walking or the vertical play from non-motor end that bothers me. The thing which bothers me the most is that because of this issue the earpiece buzzes a lot when I'm talking to someone and it's really irritating. Sometimes I have to put finger on the camera to stop it from buzzing. I've surveyed extensively over the internet and found out that there are many users out there whose camera unit has a perfect snug fit that too without any play issue. So mine is definitely faulty to some extent. Maybe the module is not assembled properly I guess. I'm not sure.
    Could be. The camera module should not buzz when you talk. Everyone with this issue should contact their ASUS Service Center and ask them to confirm.