ROG Phone 3 auto shutdown randomly

sidartluv
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_Phone-17.0823.2008.78
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Its randomly. No heavy gaming or anything. Just normal whatsapp etc.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
Received the phone yesterday from Flipkart. Yesterday the phone shutdown suddenly while I was just using whatsapp. Its instant black screen and then I had to use the power button to switch it on. Today morning I was changing the notification tone and it went to instant shutdown again. No gaming or overheating happened before this. Yesterday the battery was around 50% and refresh rate was 120hz when it happened, today around 90% battery and 90hz refresh rate. The phone runs normal,
Please tell me what to do. I still have time to deal with Flipkart. Today is the second day I have this brand new phone with me.
========================================

10 REPLIES 10

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @sidartluv,
Sorry for the experience. I will get back on this. Forwarding the case with the mentioned scenario.

sidartluv
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi @sidartluv,

Sorry for the experience. I will get back on this. Forwarding the case with the mentioned scenario.

View post
Thank you so much. Eagerly waiting for a solution as replacement takes a lot of time and I don't want to replace it if it can be fixed.

sidartluv
Star II
Also, the scheduled charge does not work. The time changes automatically. I set it to a certain time and i go back to the previous screen and i see it has changed to a different time.
Haven't found any other issue. Haven't checked if slow charging works as it is intended to.

sidartluv
Star II
xihe

Send to the service centre and get a 1 to 1 exchange or get a refund from Flipkart.

View post
The service center people say that the phone is behaving normally in their hand. No random shutdowns. I am sure they are not really using the phone as anyone does. No sim card inside or wifi on, etc.
I am starting to feel worried.
@ARP_ASUS do you have any suggestions or update on your message?

The phone still has the warranty, you should use it and ask a return...