This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX481FL ScreenPad not working. ScreenPad2 Optimizer installation error 0x00000048

Been using this ZenBook Duo for nearly two months now and suddenly the ScreenPad blacked out; all the apps that were open on that screen got shifted to the main monitor. Tried restarting; no avail.
Went online, saw the guidelines here— (I can't post links?! wow. Insert https:// www.asus.c om/ support/FAQ/1041420 ) —followed everything until the ScreedPad2 Optimizer: tried installing and got the error 0x00000048.
What have I missed? Is there anything else I should do? Should the drivers and utilities be in a particular folder (they've just been downloading into the Documents folder or somewhere by default)?
I've seen some similar issues around here as well, but saw no practicable solution with regards to my own predicament
I shall keep tinkering around, see if I could work it on my own. But I would appreciate any help! The laptop is functional with just one screen, but I specifically got this unit for the second monitor, for conducting my online classes better.
Thanks in advance, good people.
7 REPLIES 7

Dear, Please guide what drivers were you installing. Please share steps. I have same laptop with same issue now a week has passed but came to no resolution. Please Help !!!

If possible share mail ID

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello patrickjeromedl,
Thank you so much for the update.
I will keep track of it.
If there is any other issue, let me know.
Thank you.

Willjoe
Star II

If your touchpad isn't working, it may be a result of a missing or out-of-date driver. Updating or reinstalling your touchpad drivers in Device Manager may help solve the problem. To open Device Manager, enter device manager in Search on the taskbar, then select Device Manager.

Regards,

Will