ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

MV
Rising Star II
The issue is getting blown up unnecessarily even though mods have already said they are working on it. Every phone has some or other defect if you deep dive on XDA forums. I can say .58 has minimised the issue @60hz for me. Given time if it's a driver issue can be resolved with FOTA, otherwise need to live with it.

Nadzi
Rising Star I
The fact that they have been tuning for so long means that they cannot tune it. They try to find a compromise on usability as they know that the display is bad and unusable, so they try to tune it to the limit. Be sure not to expect a miraculous update that will turn such a display into a completely different product.
yes and there is one note

All gaming phones have little or no support from the company. Black shark, Redmagic Asus ROG Razer phone ... It's all a waste and companies don't care about these devices and only take care of their flagship models. Asus Zenfone 7 Pro has better components and support because 90 percent of people buy it compared to 10 percent of ROG PHONE 3.

GameOjas
Rising Star I
MV

The issue is getting blown up unnecessarily even though mods have already said they are working on it. Every phone has some or other defect if you deep dive on XDA forums. I can say .58 has minimised the issue @60hz for me. Given time if it's a driver issue can be resolved with FOTA, otherwise need to live with it.

View post
Doesn't matter which refresh rate.... Black crush is there on low brightness...
And phone doesn't even go to low brightness compare to other phones.
We buy phones on first day trusting the brand and this is how they treat their most enthusiastic and loyal customers.
Asus must come up with solution fast.

gfg59204
Star III
Nadzi

The fact that they have been tuning for so long means that they cannot tune it. They try to find a compromise on usability as they know that the display is bad and unusable, so they try to tune it to the limit. Be sure not to expect a miraculous update that will turn such a display into a completely different product.

yes and there is one note

All gaming phones have little or no support from the company. Black shark, Redmagic Asus ROG Razer phone ... It's all a waste and companies don't care about these devices and only take care of their flagship models. Asus Zenfone 7 Pro has better components and support because 90 percent of people buy it compared to 10 percent of ROG PHONE 3.

View post
If the brightness is high, the black will turn to gray, but if the brightness is from 50 to 70 percent, the black color is normal without any problems, but if the brightness is low, the black crush starts to appear annoyingly
This is a normal screen at 50% brightness. To see the magic, increase or decrease the brightness

Aryan202
Community Legend I
sub

screenshot-20200916-021139064.jpg

One plus has even come forward and giving refund and replacement for faulty products since it was a hardware defect

So the question is what will ASUS do ?

View post
They won't it's probably it's just an publicity stunt and "gizmochina" is not an reputable source
Service centre guys will say they haven't got any notification regarding this and will at best change your display (talking about OnePlus)