Did you mean: 

[5z] .92 latest firmware serious issues need to be fixed

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence:always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): date&time am/pm,screen recording (game genie) ,wrong battery stats,touch issues in games, Also no status icon manager in 5z for am/pm toggle
1) I tried factory data reset on latest .92 firmware and i lost basic am/pm option from system even after several tries of 24 hour format toggle ON & OFF from data & time i still was unable to see am/pm in front of time on notification bar so i again tried to do a factory data reset (2nd factory reset) and still the situation is same i cant get am/pm back before factory data reset everything was good with no issues 🥴
2) Also record option from game genie is really very unstable sometimes works and sometimes not
3) Wrong battery stats is stil present in .92 even after factory data resets
4) Touch responses are really worse in games now it was much better in .87 but .92 again ruined everything check this thread for touch problems 👇
BrunoF20

Model: ZS620KL (ASUS ZenFone 5Z 4GB / 64GB)

Firmware: 100.10.107.92 (WW)

Issue: I would like to know why the .92 version brought back bugs from the .70 version.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-TOUCHSCREEN ISSUE-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In recent months, not only me, but other ZenTalk users have been debating with moderators about a problem presented by the touchscreen response.

(@amitgarde3 @JonathanSR @555yash555 @kunal1217 @Abhinav @henrique.pereira.017 @jochman84 @Redlith @lmvqymwicuqwioetfb @bharanivijay69 @Chintan Devganiya @christianrodrigues1981 @burakterzi91 @subhojit.dey @archilsoni412)

This problem was characterized by the fact that the panel's response did not match the movement of sliding the finger slowly (necessary, as an example, for precision in shooting games).

1. Until the .70 version, we had been stuttering every time we tried to move the camera slowly.
  2. In the .87 version, although not 100% solved, the problem had been significantly improved.
  3. Now, in the .92 version, the problem is back, just as it was in the .70 version.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-MEDIA VOLUME SLIDER ISSUE-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Not only the panel problem, but also a minor issue of the .70 version is again presented in the .92, which is the inconsistent Media Volume slider.

When you open the audio settings screen and start sliding this option, you will soon see that something is wrong, you will only be able to slide from one end to the other at once if you do it slowly.

It had also been fixed in the .87 version, now it's back in .92.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-REQUEST-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This way it looks like the .92 version was made over the .70, not the .87.

Any chance of that happening? If not, I'd like you to check what was done to cause this backward step in the touch panel solution (which was well forwarded) at the same time as it brought back the volume option issue.

Please, bring back .87 fixes and improvements.

Again! Both bugs present in the .70, improved/resolved in the .87 and now back in the .92.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-TROUBLESHOOTING INFO-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The problems are also present in "Safe Mode".

The following solutions have been tried:

• Tweak in various standard and developer configurations.
  • Factory reset with or without backup recovering (via settings and Recovery Mode).
  • Downgraded to Pie version and upgraded to 10 again.

The .92 version seems to have been made over the .70, not the .87.
5) No "status bar icon manager" in 5z to turn any specific option on or off like am/pm adding it to 5z may make system much stable to show am/pm
6) Now battery backup is also decreased with an hour as backup was much better with .70 update (idle phone hours doesn't have any problems no serious drains ) but normal usage like social apps has lot of power consumption even after factory resets
These are all above issues faced after factory data resets on latest .92 firmware i think something is really bad with recent update please look into it
Thanks!
@CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Anders
19 REPLIES 19

archilsoni421
Star I
This is exactly what the 5z has an issue. We need this kind of update. As you cam see that rog3 has got a new update and in the release note they have mentioned the bug of multitouch functionality. The same bugs exists in 5z too so please give an update as soon as possible. @amitgarde3 @andelocia@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @BrunoF20
screenshot-20200826-002949025-281-29.jpg

Mustiii
Star I
I second the battery drain issues. Idle battery drain is better than before, but while doing light browsing on Firefox and scrolling through Instagram with some light gaming I am getting 4hr SOT. This used to be 5+ before the last update and I am very frustrated because of this. I am ready to provide logs if it will help in fixing this issue once and for all. Please don't introduce major bugs like these in the last update that you are planning to provide at the end of support cycle.

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103270#Comment_103270

I played COD for 10 minutes. I can't see how it's "unplayable". Where is the stuttering or unresponsive touch response? A comment like this won't help me find the issue.

I need detailed info like "press like this while doing that and you will clearly see it" or maybe a video showing the issue.

View post
I'll try providing a video of what I'm talking about. Hope that helps. Thanks!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
subhojit.dey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103502#Comment_103502

I'll try providing a video of what I'm talking about. Hope that helps. Thanks!

View post
Please proceed devs need it desperatly for fixing this touch issue for 5z u can share it here and mention mod to see or pm mods
Thanks

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Hi @Anders_ASUS please find the gameplay video. Its jittery and one action requires multiple taps sometimes. The graphics is set to medium with medium frame rate. Thanks!