This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought of upgrading to ZenPhone 7 Pro, but no!

Rangzen
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenPhone 7
Firmware Version: .171
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Really Asus? Was so pumped to upgrade to 7 Pro but you ditched the headphone jack. Watched MKHPD's unboxing video and said Asus ran a poll asking opinions and found out most of the users favoured Bluetooth. Really? Not that I ever came across such poll asking for opinions.
Already disgusted by your buggy OS but still wanted to upgrade. Hate Chinese phone and overrated Samsung and apple. And now this high horse behaviour on your part. You just lost a potential customer.
24 REPLIES 24

Bhasky
Rising Star II
johnCforVTS

Thanks for the advice but personaly i plan to keep the zenfone6 for 3 more years if thats possible... I used to be an iphone user for9 years and i did a lot of research before buying zenfone6 as my first android device. I had some serious issues with it that have been fixed now... I am gonna stick with zenfone6 for a long time. Zenfone7 doesnt seem an appealing device to me anyways. Hope nothing else to happen...

View post
Same here Z7 is no worth ,
thumbs down for 5g hype (at least in India) , subtle improvement over 855 , fancy screen gimmick fetaures, where one could barely notice refresh rates, practically not so feasible at all , may be in a gaming laptop and that too if its above 120hz, one should need not to fall for hype, but stick to their usage pattern
rather I would buy Z6 again ! little less compact , somewhat fits in hand

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Idk why are you guys complaining so much
Zenfone 7 comes with a 90hz HDR 10+ Samsung panel (with a maximum brightness of 1000 nits)
Camera setup- imx 686 + imx 363 + telephoto 3x zoom (12x optical zoom)
64+12+8
Base zf7 lacks OIS but zf7pro has dual OIS (one for main lens and one for telephoto)
The new triple flip setup is much better than last year's the motor system has been improved and this time the limit of flips is 200k double than last year's
Both phones can do 4k 60/120 and 8k 30 fps with EIS
Motion tracking and everything is retained
Plus there are various new tricks the flip cam can do now
3 microphones with ozo audio technology:
The Asus Zenfone 7 and 7 Pro feature Nokia OZO Audio processingAsus has retained sd card slot,notification led and even has a physical fp scanner for that matter
The side mounted fp scanner could be used in 3 ways: fp reader,smart key,power button
Stereo speakers are present
Snapdragon 865 with 5g modem (865+ on pro model)
Lpddr5 ram with Ufs 3.1 storage
5000mah battery with 30W fast charging
Only thing it lacks is a jack and considering the market trend right now your only options with a jack are sadly LG and Sony right now
Lg has a terrible update schedule meh UI and no development
Sony is overpriced af and again not so great ui or update schedule
Asus meanwhile has good development for both roms and gcam (developer seeding program)
ZenFone 7 Pro (ZS671KS) | Phone | ASUS GlobalJust see the specsheet there are so many little additions here and there
Plus the new Zen UI 7 is very well optimised (Rog 3 has the same)
You get new audiowizard ui,new battery care additions,smooth ui animations,Rog game genie with features like fps meter and real time info

heyoka
Rising Star II
mastervishikh

Even if headphone jack is not there. You should be able to route audio via the USB-C port. Just get a USB-C to 3.55mm connector.

View post
I sometimes charge the phone at the same time... I have 2 hours of car every working day
I will keep this phone for many years too ..

Rangzen
Rising Star II
Averan

Idk why are you guys complaining so much

Zenfone 7 comes with a 90hz HDR 10+ Samsung panel (with a maximum brightness of 1000 nits)

Camera setup- imx 686 + imx 363 + telephoto 3x zoom (12x optical zoom)

64+12+8

Base zf7 lacks OIS but zf7pro has dual OIS (one for main lens and one for telephoto)

The new triple flip setup is much better than last year the motor system has been improved and this time the limit of flips is 200k double than last year

Both phones can do 4k 60/120 and 8k 30 fps with EIS

Motion tracking and everything is retained

Plus there are various new tricks the flip cam can do now

3 microphones with ozo audio technology:

https://ift.tt/3gHtTAu

Asus has retained sd card slot,notification led and even has a physical fp scanner for that matter

The side mounted fp scanner could be used in 3 ways: fp reader,smart key,power button

Stereo speakers are present

Snapdragon 865 with 5g modem (865+ on pro model)

Lpddr5 ram with Ufs 3.1 storage

5000mah battery with 30W fast charging

Only thing it lacks is a jack and considering the market trend right now your only options with a jack are sadly LG and Sony right now

Lg has a terrible update schedule meh UI and no development

Sony is overpriced af and again not so great ui or update schedule

Asus meanwhile has good development for both roms and gcam (developer seeding program)

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-7-Pro-ZS671KS/

Just see the specsheet there are so many little additions here and there

Plus the new Zen UI 7 is very well optimised (Rog 3 has the same)

You get new audiowizard ui,new battery care additions,smooth ui animations,Rog game genie with features like fps meter and real time info

View post
You have to copy paste that to convince us? You don't think other will research on their own - that we have to come looking here for your suggestion? Lol.... If Asus users don't suggest feedbacks then who else will? Stop being a parrot mate. Every Asus users are entitled to share thier opinion/feedback not that you are handing Asus devices for free. Stop puppeteering.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Rangzen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/107399#Comment_107399

You have to copy paste that to convince us? You don't think other will research on their own - that we have to come looking here for your suggestion? Lol.... If Asus users don't suggest feedbacks then who else will? Stop being a parrot mate. Every Asus users are entitled to share thier opinion/feedback not that you are handing Asus devices for free. Stop puppeteering.

View post
Bruh all I meant to state was Zenfone 7 is better than Zenfone 6 in almost every way
Stating feedback is fine but cribbing that the phone is shit cos it lacks a jack is meh
And who is mkphd lol? (It's Mkbhd)
And when did he unbox Zenfone 7 pro and state that "Asus ran a poll and claimed that users want bt" 🙄
Sorry pal but that was done by oneplus back when they launched oneplus 6t
Get your facts right before starting anything