This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 temporary screen burn in issue? Please Help! Is this related to hardware or software?

jagatpalv
Star III
I am facing temporary screen burn issues. The phone is just a day old.
whatsapp-image-2020-08-23-at-12-12-09-am.jpeg
whatsapp-image-2020-08-23-at-12-12-03-am.jpeg
As you can see the icons of notification panel have left some impressions. It goes away in about 5-10 seconds. Don't know what is causing it.

Also there is some vertical pattern on the display.

Should I got for a replacement????

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2007.25
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

21 REPLIES 21

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi jagatpalv,
Does the same sticks to it or fades after few seconds?
If it fades then nothing to worry about.
If it sticks let me know. (Also after how long it fades)

Cpz
Star III
jagatpalv

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106041#Comment_106041

I too did. The technician visited today evening and the replacement was rejected again. The reason "troubleshooting steps solved the issue". I am gonna scold them tomorrow afternoon.

View post
Buddy same thing happns in my case but I fight for it and raised complaint on technician and in second time they didn't get me to technician visit they directly got me replacement .they only give replacement if u need refund just call flipkart and cancel replacement unit thats how i got refund and now i have brought OnePlus 8 pro😉

jagatpalv
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi jagatpalv,

Does the same sticks to it or fades after few seconds?

If it fades then nothing to worry about.

If it sticks let me know. (Also after how long it fades)

View post
@ARP_ASUS
it fades away in 5-10 seconds.
Also PLEASE help me on this:
1 There are vertical lines of darkness and lightness in the display. The display is not smooth as it shood be:
83931326-6d1a-4ccf-8a1a-e545037d0f0f.jpeg
You can see very sharp slim whitish vertical line in the middle. It is very subtle in this image because capture that on a phone is hard but it sure is there.
2 The display is grainy. As if it is filled with small grains. Not the pixels but grains. Like the small grains that we usually see in movies. I see those small grains everywhere.

All these above problems are making me anxious everytime I look at the display.

jagatpalv
Star III
Cpz

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106046#Comment_106046

Buddy same thing happns in my case but I fight for it and raised complaint on technician and in second time they didn't get me to technician visit they directly got me replacement .they only give replacement if u need refund just call flipkart and cancel replacement unit thats how i got refund and now i have brought OnePlus 8 pro😉

View post
So second time you did not get a technician? Like in how many days did you raise return request second time? My return request was rejected yesterday. I called them today they said they have escalated it. They will give me some reply before 29th but my return period will be over on 28th.

So should I request another return?

jagatpalv
Star III
Aman89053

I opted for refund again

Let's see what happens

I hate asus...

View post
Hi!
Did you get any response from Flipkart about the return?