waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3 256GB
Firmware Version: 17.0823.200732
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So I compared my rog 3 to my rog 2 with same usage as follows: 60Hz, Wifi, brightness extremely low (5%), no apps running apart from YouTube. Bluetooth, GPS, Xmode, Sync etc all switched OFF. The Rog 3 reaches 36degress celcius with these low settings and just YouTube playing!!! How is this possible??
Same usage with rog 2, the Rog 2 does NOT go above 25 degrees celcius (BIG DIFFERENCE). However I noticed that with Rog 2, there's only a heating up issue with Android 10, so I've downgraded to Android 9 and it's perfect. Unfortunately downgrade isn't possible with Rog 3 as it released with Android 10.
I can't imagine how hot the Rog 3 will get with 90hz 120hz or 144hz with full brightness!! Will probably damage the phone completely. This isn't right !
Also the random screen freeze on rog 3 is annoying, it freezes for about 5 seconds or slightly more when opening recent apps.
The heating issue is by far the most concerning, I mean 36degrees celcius with just YouTube playing on lowest refresh rate (60hz) and 5% brightness, imagine increasing brightness and refresh rate 🤦🤦

Rog 2 on Android 9 is the perfect phone.
Please developers, fix this. I paid good money for my rog 3 and to be honest it's a fantastic phone let down by these issues. If you can fix these issues then rog 3 will hands down be the ultimate phone. Perhaps you rushed the release without perfecting the phone. A phone should not launch with such serious issues.
I look forward to hearing from you, thanks alot 🙏

19 REPLIES 19

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

Please monitor the issue after the upcoming FOTAs, I believe there can be improvements. Thank you

sanjaylohare99
Star II
waxy78611

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 3 256GB
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.200732
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: frequently
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So I compared my rog 3 to my rog 2 with same usage as follows: 60Hz, Wifi, brightness extremely low (5%), no apps running apart from YouTube. Bluetooth, GPS, Xmode, Sync etc all switched OFF. The Rog 3 reaches 36degress celcius with these low settings and just YouTube playing!!! How is this possible??

Same usage with rog 2, the Rog 2 does NOT go above 25 degrees celcius (BIG DIFFERENCE). However I noticed that with Rog 2, there's only a heating up issue with Android 10, so I've downgraded to Android 9 and it's perfect. Unfortunately downgrade isn't possible with Rog 3 as it released with Android 10.

I can't imagine how hot the Rog 3 will get with 90hz 120hz or 144hz with full brightness!! Will probably damage the phone completely. This isn't right !

Also the random screen freeze on rog 3 is annoying, it freezes for about 5 seconds or slightly more when opening recent apps.

The heating issue is by far the most concerning, I mean 36degrees celcius with just YouTube playing on lowest refresh rate (60hz) and 5% brightness, imagine increasing brightness and refresh rate 🤦🤦

Rog 2 on Android 9 is the perfect phone.

Please developers, fix this. I paid good money for my rog 3 and to be honest it's a fantastic phone let down by these issues. If you can fix these issues then rog 3 will hands down be the ultimate phone. Perhaps you rushed the release without perfecting the phone. A phone should not launch with such serious issues.

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks alot 🙏

Rog Phone 3 Over heating & Random screen freezing
Yes seriously rog 3 has heating issue,if the phone is in rest condition there's also temperature is above 32 degree Celsius.

Jaganmohan
Rising Star I
Especially while charging(Hyper Charge), My phone hits 42 degree Celsius. I have a real concern on this. Black crush is Ok, Screen balance app or in future Asus may give updates. But I have a thought to replace the unit. Is every one facing the peak heating issue while charging. Kindly let me know if this is a software or hardware issue . Or any procedure to keep the phone cool. I think snapdragon 865+ is the culprit here

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Dear ASUS mods,
My Rog Phone 3 idles at 44 and in armoury crate the temps are
CPU - 44
GPU - 43
SYSTEM - 38 ( All in Celsius )
The ambient temperature is around 34 C.
Is this normal? Would this damage my device? Please answer.
Thank You

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Also why does the GPU idle are 670 MHz when even desktop GPUs idle at 300 MHz.?