This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using Waze app / GPS signal

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Hi everyone. I'm facing an issue with Waze not recognizing GPS signal (showing a stacionary blue "dot" instead of a moving blue "arrow"). Google Apps works like a charm: The problem is Waze. I did pretty much everything I could but nothing worked.

Can anyone help me please? I need it to work! Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

ronald1985
Community Legend I
gonzaaa.92

Hi everyone. I'm facing an issue with Waze not recognizing GPS signal (showing a stacionary blue "dot" instead of a moving blue "arrow"). Google Apps works like a charm: The problem is Waze. I did pretty much everything I could but nothing worked.

Can anyone help me please? I need it to work! Thanks!

Problem using Waze app / GPS signal
Do you see the location status icon next to WIFI, mobile data and signal status icons (next to the clock)?
I assume you have gave permission for location to be used? But if not, do give permissions.
Also, did you set a route in Waze? The blue arrow only shows when you are enroute to your destination.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
Yes, I see both of those.
Yes, of course.
Yes. Let me show you a picture:
whatsapp-image-2020-08-05-at-17-48-03.jpeg

The red message above says: "No GPS signal. Showing approximate position". Can I do something else?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
gonzaaa.92
  1. Yes, I see both of those.
  2. Yes, of course.
  3. Yes. Let me show you a picture:

whatsapp-image-2020-08-05-at-17-48-03.jpeg

The red message above says: "No GPS signal. Showing approximate position". Can I do something else?

View post
Are you outside or inside of the building?
Turn off WIFI and use Mobile Data outside the building.
Did it work before?

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/101391#Comment_101391

Are you outside or inside of the building?

Turn off WIFI and use Mobile Data outside the building.

Did it work before?

View post
I'm inside my house but if I'm outside utilizing mobile data (4G) the issue persists. It's weird because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. For example, right now it's working fine (can't tell for how long tho):
whatsapp-image-2020-08-05-at-18-21-14.jpeg
Before I bought this phone, I had a OnePlus 5t and Waze used to give me this sorts of problems too. Another good advice?