This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock bootloader on Zenfone 3?

tepwu
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL)
Firmware Version: OPR1.170623.026.WW_Phone-15.0410.1807.75-0 (Build number)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: High
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Unlock Device Tool (Official Bootloader Unlock) ZE552KL_SIGNED_UnlockTool_9.1.0.7_180912_fulldpi
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've been trying to unlock my Zenfone 3 through the official ASUS unlock tool, but I am receiving this error when I click on the "Press to unlock your device" button. I have never rooted or unlocked the bootloader on this device before. Could I get some help on this?
screenshot-20200802-110814.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear friend
After checking with the relevant team, the issue is now under investigation. For people who purchased the device from authorized reseller, first hand device and never rooted or unlocked your device, please wait for my reply. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused.

ti_gideon
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Dear friend

After checking with the relevant team, the issue is now under investigation. For people who purchased the device from authorized reseller, first hand device and never rooted or unlocked your device, please wait for my reply. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused.

View post
Hello, I have the same problem reported here by @tepwu. The whole scenario described here is the same, as are the app versions. The unlocktool app needs to share the smartphone's IMEI with ASUS, however it seems that the smartphone is unable to do so due to some problem with the connectivity with the ASUS server where this application performs the IMEI verification.

Could you check this question and return us a solution, since the devices are original, the applications used are made available by ASUS? We look forward to a return with the utmost urgency. Thank you!

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ti.gideon
Thank you for your inquiry. Is your model ZE552KL as well? Please provide me your model and the screenshot of your error message.

ti_gideon
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi ti.gideon

Thank you for your inquiry. Is your model ZE552KL as well? Please provide me your model and the screenshot of your error message.

View post
My phone is ze552kl (asus_z012dc). As I said earlier, I have the same model of smatphone and the message is exactly the same as the screenshot in this post. My smartphone is not in English, but as the message is the same already informed I did not publish the screenshot. However, if it makes a difference to the solution of the problem, let me know that I will post the image with the message in my native language.
Thank you very much in advance!