Asus 6Z is getting switched off automatically

edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
Asus 6Z is getting switched off automatically. When trying to switch on the process is not working properly and phone is switching on in 2 or 3 attempts on its own.

Comments

• did u reset and check? 
  • It's a bug that came with new update
  • vrn.blnvrn.bln Level 1
    Would factory setting help with this
  • Asus 6Z is getting switched off automatically. When trying to switch on the process is not working properly and phone is switching on in 2 or 3 attempts on its own.
    Can you please clarify what you mean. Are you saying that your phone turns off by itself and when you're trying to turn it back on again, it fails and starts 2-3 times before it succeeds? How often does this happen. 
    Are you ok with sharing a bug report with us? It will make it so much easier to find out why this happens to you.

Please generate it right after the issue appears
    To generate a bug report you need to
    1. Enable developer mode by going to system --> about phone --> software information and click on build number a couple of times until you are a developer.
    2. Go back to system --> Developer options --> Take bug report --> interactive report
    Save the report to your google drive and share the link with me via private message. Please also make sure that everyone with the link can view the file so I can pass it on to our developers.
  • Asus 6Z is getting switched off automatically. When trying to switch on the process is not working properly and phone is switching on in 2 or 3 attempts on its own.
    Can you please clarify what you mean. Are you saying that your phone turns off by itself and when you're trying to turn it back on again, it fails and starts 2-3 times before it succeeds? How often does this happen. 
    Are you ok with sharing a bug report with us? It will make it so much easier to find out why this happens to you.

Please generate it right after the issue appears
    To generate a bug report you need to
    1. Enable developer mode by going to system --> about phone --> software information and click on build number a couple of times until you are a developer.
    2. Go back to system --> Developer options --> Take bug report --> interactive report
    Save the report to your google drive and share the link with me via private message. Please also make sure that everyone with the link can view the file so I can pass it on to our developers.
    I'm not getting option of private message
    As for bug report link here it is
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SuV4bgoFZjj1WpqEJ6uowDbQGU52uSn5/view?usp=drivesdk
  • edited July 2019
    Thank you! We will have a look at your report but I just got the information that all customers with these issues are to contact their ASUS Service Center. We haven't seen any sign on software issue so far so it must be hardware related.
  • My Asus 6z get off automatically and it also generates an annoying sound and it takes 5 to 6 minutes to restart plzz help me

• Visit nearest service centre its hardware related issue

• I have same problem. In addition, my mobile is completely switched off and not starting again. This problem started today. Intially 2 or 3 times it restarted and later it switched off permanently. I even charged and found that nothing is working. Did you find any solution? Please share with me.

• @$#!$#@$#!$# Level 1
    edited March 2020

Anders_ASUS 6z seems to have a faulty motherboard as most of the phones are facing same issue of switching off automatically and rebooting at their own ,sometime it is off for hours and even if it starts it shows a white blank screen ..

• While your phone definitely seems to have a hardware issue, most phones do not. The best thing to do is visit a service center for a warranty repair.

• I'm having the same issue and am already on my second handset. My request for a repair was 'rejected' and Asus have told me to contact the seller. The seller, having already issued a replacement, is ignoring me. At this point it's been dragging on around 10 weeks and I'm getting really fed up. Any ideas?

• There should be no reason to reject a repair request for an automatic reboot issue. Please contact the repair center again and request a repair, your phone is still well within warranty.

If they don't accept it, you can send me your contact info and serial number via PM and I can reach out to them internally to see what's going on.

• Seems I dont have permissions to send PMs at the moment

• So I contacted them again, they've told me I do not have a warranty, despite it being brand new. and denied that this is an issue with these phones, even though anyone with Google could see otherwise.

Apparently I can have my phone picked up as long as I agree to pay an undisclosed amount of money to have it repaired. After which, if I don't like the repair quote, they'll hold my phone to ransom for £45. Literally the worst 'customer service' I've ever come across.

• NEVER buy an out of region phone. Not worth the risk. You will be screwed with warranty.

• Seems that way, you live and learn but Asus seem to be milking the situation for all it's worth. They wont even tell me how much they're going to charge me. Surely if the part (the motherboard) is a fixed price and the labour is going to be a set amount for a set task they could tell me.

• I'll send you a PM. If the phone is indeed from a different region, that definitely complicates things/

• naftaman1naftaman1 Level 1
    edited March 2020

So, still better to stay with Android 9?

This discussion has been closed.