My Asus 6z's camera isn't flipping instead a message is shown"camera cannot flip". Pls help

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Comments

• HakunoMatataHakunoMatata Level 1
    edited July 2019
    Same here... It stopped working suddenly for me also... I tried by restating, but the isuue is persistent. Please help.
  • I am also facing the same problem....in the camera app, camera can be flipped manually only using volume buttons but in video calls even that option is not there!
  • Same problem with my device
  • LoopingLooping Level 1
    edited August 2019
    I have the same problem with my zenfone 6.
    My camera works well with buttons. But the flip out works 1/6 times and says camera cannot flip (in french)
    What do you suggest? Should I go to repair center?
  • Same Problem...

Occurance is  30% of Selfy activity
  • Hi
    I post again because i found the problem origin.
    My protection shell is annoying a sensor. Without it, it works fine everytime.  It s a bit weird because it wasn't at the beginning. 
  • Same issue with me. Even the volume rockers won't move my camera. 
  • Same here... It stopped working suddenly for me also... I tried by restating, but the isuue is persistent. Please help.
    Hi 
    Is it always like this? Every time?
    Also, another user suggested trying without the clear case bumper - does it always work after removing it?
  • Looping said:
    Hi
    I post again because i found the problem origin.
    My protection shell is annoying a sensor. Without it, it works fine everytime.  It s a bit weird because it wasn't at the beginning. 
    May we ask what type of cover were you using?
  • Several cases concerning this have been resolved due to the root cause being that a cover used was covering the proximity sensor located in the front. Even a slight cover of that sensor may cause this - as it is intentional design that when the proximity is being covered the camera should stop its rotation.

Please first help check that  your cover/case used is not covering the sensor (it is located on the top right part of the phone, between the edge and the earpiece mesh).
  • LoopingLooping Level 1
    edited August 2019
    Hum my case is a bit more complicated than the shell
    First step i ordered a tpu transparent cover and a protection screen.
    The protection screen received is a bit too big. Result screen cover and shell are fighting each others at the top right left (a bit at the bottom left ) i ordered a new screen cover but i don t want to remove the current one before to have the new one.
    Result some dust are present now on the top. And it disturbs the sensor everytime. 
    I suggest that the message should be improved. Because camera cannot flip informs but doesn t help
    An other message or more details in it could be helpful. because i was really thinking that my camera was in bad condition because of that.
    So this phone is great ?

• Looping said:
    Hum my case is a bit more complicated than the shell
    First step i ordered a tpu transparent cover and a protection screen.
    The protection screen received is a bit too big. Result screen cover and shell are fighting each others at the top right left (a bit at the bottom left ) i ordered a new screen cover but i don t want to remove the current one before to have the new one.
    Result some dust are present now on the top. And it disturbs the sensor everytime. 
    I suggest that the message should be improved. Because camera cannot flip informs but doesn t help
    An other message or more details in it could be helpful. because i was really thinking that my camera was in bad condition because of that.
    So this phone is great ?

Thank you for the detailed description! Yes, I think it can be a good idea to add a little more text into "camera cant flip" tooltip that pops up , at least something around 'check your proximity sensor is not blocked' or something. We'll pass back to our devs.
  • My camera flips but it shows up side down image and camera not flip on screen but it works well in snapchat and Insta it's your software problem repair it. It only shows upside down image on asus camera app

• I also had this problem. Camera flip wasn't working 100% of the times. Interestingly, removing my tampered glass fixed it immediately.

So if you have a worn out tampered glass, that's the culprit.

• My Z6 have a problem with the proximity sensor. It is stuck in ON Mode. I disable the sensor in Call menu, but this disable only in calls. Other times The system think that a object in sensor and camera not flip. I dont use any case. Any glass. Nothing. I tried Hard reset. Update to last firmware. And nothing resolve. My phone have 48h of use. Help me please.

• @walter.costajunior please reset your phone to exclude software issue and contact ASUS support of it doesn't help.

• My Phone Show the message that camera cannot flip from 2 days

• asifbarwatiyaasifbarwatiya Level 2
    edited November 2019

This is the common answer from every mods... It gives me a conclusion that you cant use your phone with a case and screen protector... Or else your camera won't flip... Wow great ????

@LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders

• edited November 2019

You can. The problem is that some manufacturers of ZenFone 6 screen protectors and cases didn't bother to make sure they don't cover the proximity sensor. It's also depends on where the user places their screen protector. Too far up so it partially covers the sensor and it will create issues