Call quality on Asus Zenfone 6z (Zenfone 6)

mihirpmehtamihirpmehta Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
When I receive call from my Asus Zenfone 6z I am constantly hearing noise and distorted voice anyone facing the same issue ?

Comments

• I am having sane issue. Want to return. Completely dissatisfied with this product

• VitthalVitthal Level 1
    I am having same issue.
  • Dont keep earpiece volume at full, keep 1/2 levels below max & its ok but nothing great. They seem to havr got carried away by flip camera & screwed the earpiece quality. 
  • Call quality throught earpiece is worst than I have experience in any of smartphone yet
    Please correct it as soon as possible or else I might need to switch to any other smartphone
  • edited July 2019
    Please update to the latest FW released this week. We've made some small adjustments to the earpiece.
    If your phone can't find the update when hitting the "Check now" button, then please download it manually from our homepage. I hope you will find the earpiece clarity acceptable after this update.
  • Hi Anders_ASUS, can you please provide the link to download the fix for earpiece call quality issue. I tried to search in homepage with 'earpiece', all i get is asus zenfone 5 fix..let me know if that can be applied

Regards
  • Thank you Anders_ASUS, I have upgraded to latest firmware manually. However, the ear piece call quality issue still exists when I keep the volume at full. If decrease volume to somewhere around half, the ear piece works fine. That said, low volumes will not be helpful outdoor. Not sure how and why Asus Quality check team missed this basic call functionality.
  • edited July 2019
    @shivareddy456 Some have reported that their sound improves at high volume when they put their finger on the camera module. Does this happen to you? The sound quality doesn't change on my test unit no matter if I keep my finger on it or not, but maybe it does on some units. That would explain why you think it isn't acceptable if you can hear a difference. It's never going to sound great because we didn't have much room to work with. The earpiece is located inside the camera module but it should sound acceptable and in line with the quality you get from most phones.
  • Let me test that. I have also found that same call quality issue exists when i connect to my car Bluetooth. When i talk to the caller using car bluetooth the caller's voice is not good regardless of volume level
  • Let me test that. I have also found that same call quality issue exists when i connect to my car Bluetooth. When i talk to the caller using car bluetooth the caller's voice is not good regardless of volume level
    Sounds like it's your friends that have an issue with their phone ;)
    How's the earpiece sound if you listen to a "right left speaker test" at youtube while you cover the main speaker with your thumb?
  • First few calls after the purchase, I thought it is callers' network issue. Covered main speaker with my thumb and listened to right left speaker test in youtube. The left speaker sounds better than right covered with thumb
  • I updated the firmware on 1st of July.... I think the quality is slightly improved but it's still not very good....  It's most unfortunate thing that a not so cheap phone cannot accomplish most basic function of phone.... The basic function of any phone.... won't recommend this phone to anyone..   full review coming soon to Flipkart...

• hey mod are we expecting any fix through update as the latest update didn't make any difference. it's a big issue and people are not happy about it and some are even considering returning it. it's a great phone no one can deny that and kudos to asus for that but i think basics are not right. Many are 1st time customers and i think you might loose if you don't provide solution. 
  • rattsratts Level 1
    This issue and the fact it is unavailable in North America will probably have me looking at another phone. I am willing to wait a few more weeks, I suppose...
  • Can any of you send me a call recording to check the call quality please, I have Zenfone ze551ml and Lenovo was thinking of shifting it to 6z
    , Do what's app me. 9028374701
  • @[email protected] Hi can you send me any random call you recorded to check call quality? 9028374701
  • anyone pls tell if your vibrating motor making weired sound when sitting in silent room?
    mine is making weired sound
  • @shivareddy456 could you send me the call quality of random call through WhatsApp 9028374701

• @shivareddy456 could you send me the call quality of random call through WhatsApp 9028374701

it will not be audible in recording as the issue is of speaker and what gets recorded is software
This discussion has been closed.