ROG Phone 5 sudden shutdown and not turning on

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: WW-31.0810.1226.114
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 2-3 times in last 30 Days
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Previously i had wifi issues but resetting network settings used to fix it for a while.

Today it just died while i was playing game on it. Battery was well over 75%, still connecting charger didn't help. Its not turning on at all.

Still under warranty though.

Comments

• This is the first phone i bought that died cos all my previous phones are still up and running even my first android which i bought in 2011. And this just died well within a year. I guess trusting asus rog series phone was mistake, cos they knew about motherboard issues and yet they were selling them. I don't want a replacement, i want my money back. I just lost so many pictures which i think wont be recovered after motherboard replacement

From my first computer motherboard to my last laptop i trusted on asus. But, on mobile phone side, i can't trust them anymore.

• Hello ItsMeCHG,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

It is recommended that you visit the ASUS Repair Center to have your device checked.

Meanwhile, I have sent you a private message for more details. Please check it.

Thank you.