Call recording & saved records

efkoefko Level 1

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone Dialer

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I finally got there and ZF9 is at home!

Does anyone have experience with recording calls?

The recording works well, I just have a problem with saving the recordings. I would like it to save the recording as a contact name or phone number. Now it only saves "Call recording 1..."

I hope there is some solution to set "preset name" from the contact.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thx!

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, we'll forward it to the R&D.

• efkoefko Level 1

Well thank you,

this is a very important function for me and I would hate to give up this great phone because of it.

• You can find the call recordings within the recording list and rename them manually or you can simply sort them by contacts.

• efkoefko Level 1

I know, but I record all the calls, they are automatically synchronized to my google drive and I continue to work there. Unless the name of the recording contains the name of the contact, it is unusable for me

• Call recordings are saved automatically if you have this option enabled.

If it is a phone contact, the name of the contact appears.

If it is not a phone contact, the number appears.

• Hello @efko,

here it is:

• efkoefko Level 1

as I wrote above, I automatically upload those files to Google Drive and continue working with them there..

• So the problem is Google Drive. Not the phone.

On the phone it does put the contact or number

• efkoefko Level 1

what are you talking about? I am attaching a picture of how the files are stored. How the recorder application displays them is another matter.

• Yeah true. Sorry @efko.

Normally call recordings are used to consult on the phone. Indeed, I believe that if you send them to Drive, mail, etc... they are sent as recordings. No more.

But I thank Asus for allowing call recording. This is possible on very, very few phones. Google banned it in most countries and the apps no longer work.

• efkoefko Level 1
    edited August 25

The file names on ZenFone8 recordings are automatically formatted as date_time_contactname/phonenumber.aac

That's exactly what I want it on ZF9 :(

• javaerjavaer Level 1
    edited September 23

Yes, pervious Zenfone call recording default filename format is "date_time_contactname/phonenumber", which is much easier for searching and file management.