ROG PHONE 6 - NO VOLTE (GREYED OUT) - NO WIFI CALLING - NO CALLS - NO SERVICE - ANDROID 12 !!!

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG_PHONE6
  2. Firmware Version: WW_32.2810.2206.97
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I just got this ROG phone 6 which I paid almost $1500 for and the phone is having the same issue in this thread which was recently resolved with an update that was released weeks ago!! I don't know what to do at all with "My exciting new phone" which has NO SERVICE due to VOLTE greyed out which you cant anable it anywhere in this ANDROID 12 . please get back to me as soon as possible I've been a customer with ASUS since ROG PHONE 1. this is very frustrating... here is the link for the thread.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61747/rog-3-volte-not-functioning-after-update-android-12-31-0210-0210-230-not-rooted/p8

Tagged:

Comments

• Mattias_ASUS. Please check this out as you are aware that this happened to ROG 3 before!

• Why the hell are you quoting a Rog3 topic?

First of all let us know what provider you have and which country its from, otherwise ASUS cant help at all.

• It's the same issue my friend when the ROG 3 got the update to Android 12. this was solved weeks ago with an update that tech team worked for a long time to solved it. Same exact issue! Happening with ROG 6. No calls. Call ended as soon as you dial a number. You can browse internet and send text msgs but no sending or receiving calls what so ever. AT&T provider. ROG 6 Global Version.

• The phone itself can support VoLTE and VoWIFI. There is no doubt about it. But, your carrier AND mobile plan needs to support VoLTE and VoWIFIT, too.

I am in Taiwan. My carrier supports VoLTE and VoWIFI but my mobile plan does not include it. Extra fee is required to access VoLTD and VoWIFIT. But as of August 1, my carrier made VoLTE and VoWIFI free-of-charge if you apply for it.

I phoned my carrier and applied for it. After applying, I turned on VoLTE and VoWIFI options in my phone and then restarted phone. 10 minutes later, I can use VoLTE and VoWIFI. Tested both to make sure.

Then, I did the same steps for all the phones in my family. This includes Zenfone 6 (still on the Android 10), Zenfone 8, HTC Desire 20 and Pixel 6. All had VoLTE and VoWIFI after applying, turning on options and then restart.

If you do not have VoLTE or VoWIFI, either your carrier doesn't support it or your mobile plan does not include them. Or, in the worst case, neither your carrier or mobile plan support VoLTE and VoWIFI.

• My sim card is working fine with VOLTE on my other ROG 3 phone. My ROG 3 was having the same problem before they fixed the bug on it with the update. It's not a carrier issue. It's a software issue on the ROG 6 for sure. Wait until people in the US start buying it and have the same bs. it's still too early.

• Anyone in the US with AT&T having same issue?!

• ktwktw Level 2

ROG Phone 6 is not on the list of tested & approved devices for AT&T yet, while ROG Phone 3 is.

AT&T is particularly strict with the devices it allows on its network... and I think not even T-mobile supports ROG Phone 6 as of yet (since it also shut down its 3G network in June). You'll probably have to wait until it's officially released in the US; I suspect that all the extra work between ASUS and these carriers to ensure VoLTE provisioning will be done by then.

• You made a mistake not waiting for US model to become available because of missing US bands plus the approval of the phone. Nothing you can do other than wait

• Agreed, the missing bands is going to be a massive pain. Coverage is going to be either non existant or terrible.

• I don't understand I just tried a T-Mobile sim card and the service worked.. why isn't AT&T working!

• ktwktw Level 2
    edited August 17

As I've mentioned, ROG Phone 6 is not on AT&T's list of tested & supported devices yet (as you'll find by following the link posted by Danish), and AT&T is particularly strict with not allowing non-US models in its network. As in, really strict. You'll get 0 services and may get kicked out of its network if you are not using a "compatible device".

T-mobile is generally more open to non-US models, although there are still models that it doesn't fully support (e.g. can't make/receive calls). But I'm actually surprised that you said ROG Phone 6 works on T-mobile... or does it (i.e. have VoLTE)?

^ edited to clarify what I meant by "working" since VoLTE was what the original post was mainly concerned about 🙃

• As said before, the Rog 6 is not yet certified for the USA by the government body, so it cannot have operator certification.

In any case you are lucky and/or the US customs are lax, here (stat family and colleague) one parcel out of approximately 20 arriving from Asia is opened by customs, the risk is just the VAT and the customs fees but for a non-C.E certified device is destruction, $1500 hurts

Here, you should know with this site when your device will work and with which operator.

https://sim-usa.mobi/fr/compatibilite-telephone/

• It does, but no VoLTE etc. Just the standard 2g stuff and lte for internet.

• ktwktw Level 2

By "working", I mean the VoLTE that he was asking for

• He isnt complaining about no voLTE. Hes complaining about having no service. He assumed it was due to volte being off which isnt the case.

• DeLLiAnODeLLiAnO Level 2
    edited August 30

No volte or vowifi in belgium with telenet provider since rog phone 2. My wife is also with same provider and has vowifi and volte, but she has always the newest samsung galaxy ultra phones.

• TaskmanTaskman Level 1

Seems the operator doesn't want to enable it for anything but approved phones. It is quite common as they don't want to be contacted about issues, if they haven't tested anything.

But still would be nice if you could activate it yourself somehow, by calling them or so and agreeing it's not verified. As the risk of issues is very low.

• Hello!

The ROG Phone 6 has not been released in the US yet, and the validation on networks is ongoing at this moment.

If your reseller has informed you otherwise please make sure to contact your reseller and ask for your money back, since the device is not ready for the US market.

• Good news for US users, more than a few days or weeks to wait, ROG 6 and ZF9 are now FCC certified, US operators should soon approve them.

https://fccid.io/MSQAI2201

https://fccid.io/MSQAI2202